PARTICIPANTS FOR DOCUMENTARY PROJECT ON SKYPE COMMUNICATION

Her kan du som journalist, studerende el.lign. søge efter medlemmer som vil deltage i undersøgelser, artikler, programmer m.v.

Redaktører: ZB, AUG Board

Besvar
mariannehougen

PARTICIPANTS FOR DOCUMENTARY PROJECT ON SKYPE COMMUNICATION

Indlæg af mariannehougen » 15.05.2013 08:56:14

Dear users and members of ÆUG,
I'm searching for people who would like to record their Skype conversations with their partners as part of documentary project.
I'm a practice-based PhD candidate at University of Westminster in London. My practice consists of making a documentary film. And this is where you could become an important part! I am developing a project about long distance relationships, and how we try to use Skype to overcome that distance. The film is a poetic, serious and humorous portrait of love relationships. It describes both the void and closeness that Skype can create and it explores the new way we share big and small moments with each other through video-skyping. It will tell the stories of couples that are forced to be away from each other. That could fore example be people who are separated because of war, asylum seeking, difficulties with receiving residence or any other kind of involuntary separation.
The participants will be recording all their conversations with a video call recording app. (If you do not already have this app, I will purchase it for you.)
The film will be made as part of my PhD project and in collaboration with the Danish production company Final Cut for Real (http://www.final-cut.dk).
The plan is to show it worldwide on film festivals and television.
If you or anyone you know are separated from his or her loved one, please let me know. I‘d love to meet you and/or them - in person over Skype - to explain more about the project. And please forward this message to anyone you think could be interested.
If you would like more information about the project, feel free to contact me. You can either post here or email me at mariannehougen@gmail.com.
I really hope to hear from you.
All best,
Marianne

Besvar