Long stay abroad & permanent residency status

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
ucanmanda

Re: Long stay abroad & permanent residency status

Indlæg af ucanmanda » 26.01.2023 04:04:47

skaanebo skrev:
24.01.2023 09:15:17
ucanmanda skrev:
24.01.2023 04:11:53
skaanebo skrev:
21.01.2023 09:11:24
I have answered your question already.
You answered 12 months, someone else says 6 months, another person says 2 years. What is the real answer?

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23752
What I answered is correct but you keep changing your questions and expand your questions. There are different laws in regards to 1) a tempoary residence permit 2) a permanent residence permit and 3) for obtaining Danish citizenship by naturalisation and 4) for keeping an address registered in Denmark while being away from Denmark.

1) is not relevant in your case, I gather, since you already have a permanent residence permit.
2) A permanent residence permit in your case will become invalid if you're away from Denmark for more than 12 months.
3) Being away from Denmark for more than the lenght of a normal holiday can impact on your citizenship aplication.
4) You must change your address and report being away from Denmark if you stay continously longer than 6 months outside of Denmark, no matter if you keep your residence in Denmark or not. If you give up your residence (for instance by subletting it), you must report it right away.

So you mix up the answers because you keep mixing up your questions.
Yes, I do have a tidsubegrænset permanent opholdstilladelse.
Thank you for the thorough explanation, this was the answer I was looking for. I appreciate it.

Besvar