Working while application is being processed

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
curlymind

Working while application is being processed

Indlæg af curlymind » 07.11.2022 18:08:52

Hi! I see in the rules for family reunification via marriage that the non-Danish person is not allowed to work while their residency application is being processed. But it also says that in some cases, they can continue working for a company in their home country that they were already working for. Does anyone have any more detailed info about this? I'm wondering what kinds of cases, or existing work situations, they might be willing to accept, but I haven't been able to find any info about this online at all. Thanks for any insight!

skaanebo

Re: Working while application is being processed

Indlæg af skaanebo » 07.11.2022 19:15:01

If you apply under EU laws, you have every right from the moment you apply, including taking up work.

If you apply under national laws and apply for an extension of an existing residence permit, you also have the right to continue your work.

If your question is in regards to working in another country, of course you can continue your job there but if you move your address to Denmark, you will have to pay taxes from your income globally in Denmark and here it becomes important if Denmark and the other country have an agreement on avoiding double taxation.

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Re: Working while application is being processed

Indlæg af mh1 » 11.11.2022 11:02:56

skaanebo wrote "If your question is in regards to working in another country, of course you can continue your job there but if you move your address to Denmark, you will have to pay taxes from your income globally in Denmark and here it becomes important if Denmark and the other country have an agreement on avoiding double taxation."

That should not pose a problem, since you will not be able to move your adress to Denmark, before you get a residence permit. You may make a Danish mail address for physical mail, but that does not mean you have residence nor that your income because becomes taxable in Denmark.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

Besvar