EU blue card enough?

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
mbkhan

EU blue card enough?

Indlæg af mbkhan » 14.03.2022 18:17:09

Hi All,

I am a Danish citizen wanting to move together with my family to Sweden. My kids and I are Danish citizens while my wife is not (non-EU national).

I've got an apartment rented out in Sweden now. I do have a full-time job in Denmark that I will be continuing by commuting + working from home (hybrid work). My wife and I have been living in Denmark for the last 3+ years. My wife still has a valid residence permit in Denmark and we plan to move and registered ourselves together in Sweden.

I read the excellent guide made by Jesper&Anna here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12802
But I do have a few questions:

Shall I be going first to the Skatteværket to apply for a person number first or going to the Migrationsværket first to apply for my wife's permit under EU rules?

For applying for a Swedish CPR/Personnummer and the residence permit for my wife we will have to show some kind of health insurance coverage. My wife is eligible for an EU blue card as I am working in Danish and pay my taxes here. I also see some folks suggesting getting the insurance from Cigna to cover this. The question is that does anyone know if EU blue card is enough for getting a personnummer and residence permit (EU-rules) for my wife? or do I need to buy the Cigna Gold insurance?

Any guidance will be much appreciated.

skaanebo

Re: EU blue card enough?

Indlæg af skaanebo » 14.03.2022 18:35:51

Please consult ØresundDirekt for help in doing hybrid work and working at home in Sweden for a Danish employer as this can become very costly for both you and your Danish employer.

It slso relates to where you and your family will be insured.

Besvar