nonEU and Danish couple move to Sweden

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
YKK

nonEU and Danish couple move to Sweden

Indlæg af YKK » 04.02.2022 16:10:30

Hello.

I have so many information that I have to catch up with so please forgive me if these are frequently asked before.

I am nonEU but I have valid Visa in Denmark, and my spouse is Dane.

We are trying to get EU rules Visa(is it right called?), which seems to last 5 years from others' post. and questions are,

1. If we apply residence permit from Sweden waiting in Denmark and we got it, do we phisically have to move to Sweden? Because we have to submit contract of house or something so we
have to move?
2. when we move, when can we come back to Denmark?
3.I also read if you're Nordic citizen, you can apply Swedish rule but it won't be good option anymore. I searched that but where did it write?
4. If we apply EU rule, some people also move to Germany, but why Sweden so popular? Because close to Copenhagen or? We are living in Jyutlland so if possible, Germany is better.
5. Again, if it's Germany, I read the German migrate webpage and seems like I have to pass the German test? Does anybody experience it?

Sorry for big questions.
Hope if someone share their experience or help me out reach info I need🙏.

skaanebo

Re: nonEU and Danish couple move to Sweden

Indlæg af skaanebo » 04.02.2022 16:33:51

1. You will need to move to Sweden before you can obtain a Swedish residence card

2. You can move back to Denmark after a minimum of 3 months in another EU/EEA country

3. You can check the laws and regulations on migrationsverket.se

4. Sweden is a popular option because culturally and linguistically, it's very similar to Denmark. If you live in northern Jutland, it's also closer than Germany. In other words, Swedish society is very similar to Denmark, things pretty much work the same way as in the other country, both Denmark and Sweden being part of the Nordic welfare societies.

5. A German language test is only if you apply under national German laws, not under EU laws. A language test might also be required if you wish to apply for German citizenship later on.
Senest rettet af skaanebo 05.02.2022 08:35:45, rettet i alt 1 gang.

YKK

Indlæg af YKK » 04.02.2022 18:31:19

thank you so much.
about 4, I checked and also read alot of post, and some people say we have to apply 2years twice to get permanent visa because of rule changed.
I couldn't find that info but also in this website?

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 05.02.2022 08:34:47

EU laws have not changed. You will get a residence card for a validity of 5 years and afterwards it becomes permanent.

Besvar