Family Reunification 32UK and 36DK

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
enef

Family Reunification 32UK and 36DK

Indlæg af enef » 02.12.2021 18:24:34

Hey everyone,

I have met a partner during lockdown about 9 months ago who lives and works in Denmark with her 15 y/o child.

I have been scouring the internet for months, emailing the Danish immigration authority (they take months to respond) and generally trying to figure out how to make this work.

The obvious route is the Family Reunification one but they require over 100, 000 DKK in capital for this to happen, a sum neither one of us or even together are likely to save up anytime soon (we’re looking at probably 12 months or more to save up this amount) I have read that the Danish Immigration service can dispensate some of the requirements, such as the monetary one, if my partner has a child under 18 that has a significant attachment to the country.

Just applying for the visa alone is almost 10,000DKK so I’m sure you can appreciate my wanting to make sure we get this right first time.
Neither of us is really in an amazing place financially but we would be able to make it work if I could find an entry level job in the country, however it’s nigh on impossible to find a job as an unskilled worker from abroad in Denmark.

She also has various benefits (single parent, health based ones) that would be interrupted and changed if married, so we are awaiting more information before going ahead with that.

Can I stay in the UK during the application in order to continue to work?

I have heard that you can get a bank to cover the guarantee for you, how likely are banks to do this?

I was wondering if anyone had any advice or had gone through a similar situation and could tell me their story and how the rules work on dispensation of the requirements.

Thank you for your time and I hope you can help.

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Re: Family Reunification 32UK and 36DK

Indlæg af mh1 » 02.12.2021 22:49:55

First: yes, you can stay and continue working in UK until you get accepted.

Secondly: yes, the bank guarantee will be waived when your spouse has a child under 18 with individual attachment to DK.

MIND YOU - since you are obviously not living together now, you will have to get married before applying at all, because you have to either be married OR have cohabited for around 18 months immediately prior to applying in order to get family reunification. And your spouse will loose/have her benefits cut down as soon as she marries (and also in case she cohabits with a partner).
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

Besvar