Residence Card Noted As MMF - Varigt Ophold

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
ale_atorio2k

Residence Card Noted As MMF - Varigt Ophold

Indlæg af ale_atorio2k » 24.11.2021 18:02:45

Greetings,

I'm writing this to hear your thoughts and comments in relation to my case. Any insights are more than welcome!

I am a 21 year old Brazilian and I'm planning on moving to Denmark next year. I intend to request a residence permit to study in VIA University College and, after reading about tuition on the college's website, I have learned that I may be exempted from paying if I have a temporary residence permit “with the possibility of” permanent residency in Denmark “mmf. varigt ophold”. I haven't, however, found any information on how I'd be able to get that type of permit. The course I intend to take has a duration of 3 years, but I don't think I could pay for it all, meaning this method would be my best chance. I have sent emails asking both the college staff, who didn't know either, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark, which doesn't answer specific questions about immigration.

Long story short: Would I be able to get a residence card noted as MMF - varigt ophold if I requested a residence permit for 3 years in college?

skaanebo

Re: Residence Card Noted As MMF - Varigt Ophold

Indlæg af skaanebo » 24.11.2021 21:55:29

You can get this kind of residence permit if you find an employer in Denmark who will do the work permit paperwork required or if you marry someone in Denmark and you apply for a residence permit on grounds of your marriage.

As you are only 21, I guess it's unlikely you have the skills required for a work permit. And since you don't mention anything about having a Danish boy- or girlfriend, I guess you need to find some romance first before it can become a reality.

Besvar