Fradrag

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
Anca

Fradrag

Indlæg af Anca » 24.09.2021 11:05:15

Hi all,

I have a question regarding skat fradrag but I was unable to find an answer on Google.

In short, I live in Denmark but currently I do not work. My husband wants to take my skat fradrag and it is my understanding that this is possible, however, I want to know how this will affect us? I mean when I will have a job (let's say in 1 year) how our taxes will be calculated?

Many thanks in advance for any information.

evc

Re: Fradrag

Indlæg af evc » 24.09.2021 21:08:28

This happens automatically. SKAT knows when you are employed and when you are not. So when your husband does his SKAT, he gets taxes back because: you are married AND unemployed. When you get back to work things goes back to normal. So no need to worry.

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Indlæg af mh1 » 26.09.2021 14:49:18

If your husband wants to get your deduction as of now he will have to apply for it. He will then perhaps not have to pay any tax at all the rest of this year, as he gets the deduction for the whole of this year. If he still has paid too much tax this year, he will get a refund next year.

If and when you get a job, you can choose to let him continue to use your deduction, if that means that you overall will have more money left over. If for example your income is low as it is, the sum you pay in tax will br correspondingly low, and if your husband’s income is considerably higher, the reduction of his taxable portion will possibly mean an advantage for both of you. It will not affect the calculation of your amount of working hours when you need to document them in order to renew your residence permit and apply for permanent r.p.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

BNS82

Indlæg af BNS82 » 20.10.2021 10:14:49

mh skrev:
26.09.2021 14:49:18
If your husband wants to get your deduction as of now he will have to apply for it. He will then perhaps not have to pay any tax at all the rest of this year, as he gets the deduction for the whole of this year. If he still has paid too much tax this year, he will get a refund next year.

If and when you get a job, you can choose to let him continue to use your deduction, if that means that you overall will have more money left over. If for example your income is low as it is, the sum you pay in tax will br correspondingly low, and if your husband’s income is considerably higher, the reduction of his taxable portion will possibly mean an advantage for both of you. It will not affect the calculation of your amount of working hours when you need to document them in order to renew your residence permit and apply for permanent r.p.
Neat trick mh, do you know an estimated income needed for this to have effect?

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Indlæg af mh1 » 21.10.2021 09:52:55

It will have an effect on any income, but naturally relatively more on a moderate income, since the 'personfradrag', personal deduction is a fixed sum, regardless of total income.

It is easy to calculate, as there are models on 'SKAT's homepage where you can calculate - it does not get saved, and the authorities cannot use it against you, no matter what income you may enter.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

Besvar