Permanent Residence Permit Application

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
ucanmanda

Permanent Residence Permit Application

Indlæg af ucanmanda » 26.08.2021 09:07:14

Hi, I have applied for permanent residence permit a few months ago. I had a residence permit through family reunification, but me and my partner got separated and I got a residence permit through my work and then applied for the permanent residency through that.

My question is, we filed for divorce after I applied for permanent residency and I think the divorce is going to be finalised some time next month and my marital status officially going to change from married to divorced. Do I need to reach out to Udlændingestyrelsen to let them know that my marital status has changed? Or would they reject my application just because of that information being different?

Also, I'm planning to move to a different address next month. Do I need to notify Udlændingestyrelsen about my address change during the application evaluation process?

Wouldn't like my application to get rejected or get in trouble with law for false information for seemingly insignificant details, since I fulfill every single requirement for a permanent residency and waited for 5 years to qualify.

Looking forward to hearing your answers.

Kind regards
O

ucanmanda

Re: Permanent Residence Permit Application

Indlæg af ucanmanda » 30.08.2021 08:54:36

Anyone who has a suggestion about this?
I would really appreciate some guidance.

Kind regards.

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Indlæg af mh1 » 01.09.2021 10:13:16

Udlændingestyrelsen will automatically be notified when a foreign resident gets divorced in DK, and since your residence is anyhow now independent of your marital status, you do not need to inform them, but may as a courtesy.

You should definitely inform them about change of address.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

ucanmanda

Indlæg af ucanmanda » 02.09.2021 12:58:28

Thank you for your answer!

Besvar