Family reunification Brazilian/Danish couple

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
brazil1

Family reunification Brazilian/Danish couple

Indlæg af brazil1 » 01.06.2021 07:53:52

Hi, I ask for some advices for how to plan moving to Denmark.

My fiancé (Brazilian) and I (Danish) plan to get married end of the year and want to apply for the family reunification afterwards.

We are working on getting the marriage certificate and all the legal stuff related to the actual marriage but we am not sure how the suggested process is.

She has a bachelor degree in HR, B1 level English certificate and have lived in both Ireland and Portugal (currently) although she is not an EU citizen yet. She has a residence permit (visa) in Portugal and lives and work there full time currently.

I have an Andelsbolig, savings and high income (14+ years) and also studied at the university.

We have not been able to live together but have visited each other as much as possible during this pandemic (she has been in DK 4 times including a 2 months stay during the Portuguese lockdown in spring and I have been visiting her 3 times, also we went to Italy together last September).

What is your suggestions regarding moving to Denmark? For me it seems like we meet all of the requirements for the family reunification but I am unsure if she can stay in Denmark right after our marriage but before we get the confirmation on the temporary residency based on procedural rights.

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Re: Family reunification Brazilian/Danish couple

Indlæg af mh1 » 01.06.2021 11:52:44

When you apply for family reunification and fulfil all conditions, the foreign party can stay on procedural rights. Be aware that it is a tough period, because the foreign party is not allowed to work, nor do any kind of voluntary unpaid work, and may not participate in any qualifying education, including Danish courses. Basically they have to twiddle their thumbs.

There are courses, some free of charge, others not, where you can learn Danish, but will not be able to get any kind of certificate - still it is worth participating to pass the time, and to get a head start once reunification is granted and the race to pass the required Danish exam begins.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

brazil1

Indlæg af brazil1 » 01.06.2021 14:45:11

Thank you. As I understand it she basically can’t do anything other than learning the language and exploring Denmark, which is fine for us. I am sure we can spend lots of time doing that.
Also as I understand it she can not leave the country during the process?

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Indlæg af mh1 » 03.06.2021 09:32:08

If it is necessary, she can, and before leaving apply for at 'return permission' (tilbagerejsetilladelse), so that if something happens that means she has to leave after her legal 90 days visa-free stay, she can show that and will not be fined for overstay, AND more importantly will be able to re-enter DK.

https://www.nyidanmark.dk/da/SituationC ... y%20permit
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

evc

Indlæg af evc » 07.06.2021 11:32:23

If possible, avoid family reunification under Danish law. If your job allows, work remotely from Sweden and apply through European law. You only need to be there with her for 3 months and then you can come back. It does require some effort to move, setup in another country, etc, but this is arguably the best solution for you and for her in the long term.

You can read more about living in Sweden for 3 months in: https://www.aegteskabudengraenser.dk/fa ... eureglerne

If you want to get some motivation NOT to apply through Denmark, spend some time reading the topics in this forum.

Besvar