Family reunification extension - collateral guarantee

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
pppqui

Family reunification extension - collateral guarantee

Indlæg af pppqui » 25.05.2021 18:47:27

Hello everyone! I'm applying for the extension of my family reunification visa and this question stumps me:

Information about collateral guarantee is only necessary if your spouse has posted a collateral guarantee after 1 January 2011, and the guarantee has a total validity of less than 10 years. The validity of the guarantee is stated in the documentation you received from the bank.

This step is not to be completed, and you will go directly to the next step, if:
  • Your spouse did not post a collateral guarantee in connection with your residence permit,
    The collateral guarantee was posted before 1 January 2011, or
    The collateral guarantee has a total validity of minimum 10 years.
Has your spouse posted a collateral guarantee after 1 January 2011, and is the total validity of the guarantee less than 10 years? *

So if my husband posted his collateral guarantee in 2019 but it is valid for 10 years, should I answer this question as "No"? I feel like these are "and" statements and the above conditions are "if/or" statements and I have no idea why I find this part so confusing, but I just want to be sure that I do it right.

Anyone else can help clarify this for me?

evc

Re: Family reunification extension - collateral guarantee

Indlæg af evc » 07.06.2021 11:40:41

You have to answer no. There was a time where the guarantee was valid for only 5 years, but now it is 10 years. They are trying to find out what you need to fulfil next based on that. In your case, your guarantee was > 2011 and is >= 10 years validity.

You can also infer it from:
This step is not to be completed, and you will go directly to the next step, if:

Your spouse did not post a collateral guarantee in connection with your residence permit,
The collateral guarantee was posted before 1 January 2011, or
The collateral guarantee has a total validity of minimum 10 years.
The second and third points apply to you.

Besvar