Familiesammenføring and elev løn

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
pauline

Familiesammenføring and elev løn

Indlæg af pauline » 07.05.2021 10:06:23

Hey
First I want to say thank you to this platform it’s really helpful in many ways.
I have a few questions I would kindly need advice.
I am here on EU rules,i have two kids 7 years old,I am a non EU and I got divorced after three years and the migration said I can stay here as long as I don’t depend on the system and apply for the permanent residence after the 5 years.
My question is ,is it possible to invite my kids from a non Eu country who are 14 and 16 to live with me when I am receiving elevløn?
Or Should I wait to get my permanent residence first ?

Thank you in advance.

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Re: Familiesammenføring and elev løn

Indlæg af mh1 » 07.05.2021 12:28:01

IF you can support both yourself and your children, yes.

BUT you should be aware that you(r children) do not qualify for the full 'børneydelse', unless you have lived in Denmark at least 6 years within the last 10 years. If you have lived in DK say 3,5 years by now you will be entitled to 58,7% of the 'børneydelse', that is at present app. 1.690 DKK every three months (560 DKK/month) per child, or app. 1.100 DKK/month more than you have now. This benefit does not affect your right to stay, and is taxfree.

You are possibly also entitled to the benefits for single parents, provided that you are truly single - if you are in a relationship it may be interpreted as you not being truly single, even if you do not live together. It is not quite clear to me whether it still is enough to have lived in DK for three years to qualify for the full amount, but even if it is not, it should minimum give you extra app. 885 DKK/month.

For each 6 months you stay longer in Denmark, the percentage of 'børneydelse' you are entitled to will increase, but only until your children turn 15, where the basic sum will drop to one third. By that time you should have finished your education and earn a full salary.

So - make a budget, check whether you can manage on the salary you can expect to have for the foreseeable future plus the extra not quite 2.000 DKK per month in children's benefits.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

pauline

Indlæg af pauline » 07.05.2021 14:44:18

Thank you so much for the answer.
What is the Best to do ,apply for a visit visa and take Them to familiehus for registration or is it better to apply online while they are still in the non-eu country.

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Indlæg af mh1 » 07.05.2021 14:58:07

Schools will be closing for the summer in a fairly short while (25th of June) and it could take the same time to get the visa whichever method you choose. I think the fastest way would be to apply for visa, and hope that there will be no travel bans to prevent them from using it. As children of a person enjoying EU-residence rights, getting them registered should be a simple procedure. Once you have the receipt for application for their residence card you should be able to get them registered on your address and start the process of getting them into daycare, school, applying for the child benefits etc.

Are you planning to fetch them, or is there someone who could accompany them on their travel to Denmark?
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

pauline

Indlæg af pauline » 07.05.2021 16:16:15

I am planning to Pick Them myself in the summer if there are no travel bans.

Besvar