Registering CPR to a new address after separation

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
ucanmanda

Registering CPR to a new address after separation

Indlæg af ucanmanda » 17.11.2020 14:07:20

Hi everyone,

I have a residence permit through family reunification, but me and my partner are separated now, so I applied for another residence permit through my work and got it last week. Now I'm moving to a new address and I have a few questions:

1) If I register my CPR to the new address, what happens? Do I get contacted by Udlændingestyrelsen?
2) When or if Udlændingestyrelsen contact me do they ask if I'm no longer together with my partner? And what should I say?
3) What is legally smart thing to do? Should we file for a divorce or can we live in separate addresses and still stay married?
4) If we are not allowed to stay married in different address under Danish law, is there a legal time limit to get divorced before we get a fine or a penalty?

Looking forward to reading your answers.

Kind regards
Onur

skaanebo

Re: Registering CPR to a new address

Indlæg af skaanebo » 17.11.2020 14:10:43

4) You can be married and live separately forever if you wish. There is no requirement for a married couple to live in the same place (only if one of them got a residence permit on the basis of the marriage – in that case, one party risks losing his/her residence permit. But that's it. No fines, and you can of course also remain married even if you live in separate countries).

evc

Re: Registering CPR to a new address

Indlæg af evc » 19.11.2020 10:19:43

skaanebo skrev:
17.11.2020 14:10:43
4) You can be married and live separately forever if you wish. There is no requirement for a married couple to live in the same place (only if one of them got a residence permit on the basis of the marriage – in that case, one party risks losing his/her residence permit. But that's it. No fines, and you can of course also remain married even if you live in separate countries).
The person just mentioned they have acquired residence permit on the grounds of family reunification.

Since you have already received your other residence permit, just carry on with your live. File for a divorce and move out, the order does not matter. US will be notified and you can just tell them you already have another residence permit.

ucanmanda

Re: Registering CPR to a new address after separation

Indlæg af ucanmanda » 21.11.2020 18:09:28

Thank you for your response, I will carry on with my life then.

Besvar