Permanent Residence Permit Application

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
ucanmanda

Permanent Residence Permit Application

Indlæg af ucanmanda » 13.11.2020 11:20:29

Hi everyone,

I have had a residence permit through family reunification but me and my partner are no longer together.
I would normally be eligible for permanent residence permit in February.
I now have a residence permit through my work instead of family reunification but I was wondering, can I still apply for permanent residence permit even though I have a different type of residence permit?
Or do I need 4 more years of full time employment?

I have finished my danish education PD3
I have passed Medborgerskabsprøven
and I will be employed full-time for 4 years in february.
The question is can I still apply and get a permanent residence permit?

Looking forward to hearing your answers.

Kind regards

evc

Re: Permanent Residence Permit Application

Indlæg af evc » 14.11.2020 20:48:08

Yes, you can apply for your permanent residence permit. The fact that you changed your residence type does not affect your situation.

A golden tip that I am going to give you is: if you fulfill all other requirements and the only thing preventing you now from sending your application is the employment time, you can apply now. That requirement is only asserted when they start working on your case, which will take 10 months!

It is a known (and terrible) practice in the Udlændingestyrelse that case workers start to work on the cases when the deadline is about to expire and right now, it’s mentioned in their website that the deadline for them to give you an answer is 10 months. So instead of waiting until February to send your application to get the answer in December 2021, send it now and you’ll get the answer in September. Trust me. It makes all the difference.

ucanmanda

Indlæg af ucanmanda » 15.11.2020 17:04:01

Thank you so much for your message. That is great news for me!
I will follow your advice and apply right away then.

Kind regards.

ucanmanda

Indlæg af ucanmanda » 19.12.2020 10:54:16

evc skrev:
14.11.2020 20:48:08
Yes, you can apply for your permanent residence permit. The fact that you changed your residence type does not affect your situation.

A golden tip that I am going to give you is: if you fulfill all other requirements and the only thing preventing you now from sending your application is the employment time, you can apply now. That requirement is only asserted when they start working on your case, which will take 10 months!

It is a known (and terrible) practice in the Udlændingestyrelse that case workers start to work on the cases when the deadline is about to expire and right now, it’s mentioned in their website that the deadline for them to give you an answer is 10 months. So instead of waiting until February to send your application to get the answer in December 2021, send it now and you’ll get the answer in September. Trust me. It makes all the difference.
Hi again, I'm filling my application right now and I had a few questions, I hope you can help me.

Should I add my current job to the list of the jobs I have had in the last 4 years and 6 months?
(with the start date for fra dato column and current date for til date column)
The form confused me a bit that there is a til dato input required for my current job and what date is expected there, since I'm still employed at my current job. Are they expecting me to put the current date there?

My other question is that in my first job in Denmark, I got løntilskud for the first 9 months, does it hurt my chances of getting a permanent residence permit?

Kind regards
Onur

evc

Indlæg af evc » 19.12.2020 20:50:00

1) the “til dato” field can be left blank. This means you still have that job;
2) it impacts. Those 9 months do not count as a “fulltime job”:
Følgende medregnes ikke som ordinært arbejde:
Perioder med dagpenge (også arbejdsløshedsdagpenge).

Ulønnet arbejde.
Arbejde med løntilskud.
[...]
https://nyidanmark.dk/da/Applying/Perma ... 0residence

But worry not, it takes 8-10 months to get the result for the application for the permanent residence permit. If you are sure you are going to be employed for the next 8-10 months, then apply now and by the time you get the answer, you’ll have fulfilled the time needed. Given you fulfill the other requirements.

Besvar