Moving from Sweden Back to Denmark - EU Rules

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
A330

Moving from Sweden Back to Denmark - EU Rules

Indlæg af A330 » 09.11.2020 17:45:51

Hello everyone,

Please excuse me if this topic has been covered elsewhere. Ive done a fair amount of searching through this forum and still have some questions regarding our case. Before I continue I want to give a big thank you to all the advice givers and wonderful people on this forum who help families live their lives together despite all the difficulties regarding immigration rules and laws.

We moved to Sweden in September under EU rules after quickly giving up hope of moving to Denmark under Danish rules. We have now been in Sweden for two months and I am glad to announce that we quickly were able to get a personnummer for myself and my two kids who are Danish citizens. I applied for my non-EU wife to stay here under EU rules and to our surprise her application was quickly approved (only 35 days) and she now has received her EU residence card.

We want to move back to Denmark but we have some concerns before we go about finding a home and moving back. Mainly we want to know if its possible to apply for a Danish EU card from Sweden before we have an address in Denmark. The reason I am asking is because we dont want to take a risk and move to Denmark only to find that our application will be denied later (for any odd reason) thus ruining all of our progress so far.

Our other concern has to do with maintaining residency status. I am working as an airline pilot internationally (non-European airline) and I wont be spending all of my time in Denmark or Sweden. As I don't know if this will affect my ability to maintain status as a resident I need to ask if anyone knows the rules regarding how many days need to be spent in Denmark in order to be considered living there.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. I look forward to any replies and/or advice regarding this case.

skaanebo

Re: Moving from Sweden Back to Denmark - EU Rules

Indlæg af skaanebo » 10.11.2020 08:52:08

Yes, you can apply under the "Coming Home" practise. That means you can apply while remaining in Sweden. Once you get a yes from the Danish authorities you then have 6 months to actually make the move to Denmark and register an address in Denmark.

The amount of days required to be registered in Denmark is the same amount as in Sweden. You need to spend most days/nights in a year at the address you have registered. So in a year, you need to spend at least 180 days/nights at your address.

There are, however, some exceptions to this rule – like if you are a sailor or have other work-related reasons to be away from home. As a pilot you might also benefit from these exceptions but I would ask the authorities to make sure. In Denmark you would need to contact Folkeregisteret/Borgerservice.

A330

Re: Moving from Sweden Back to Denmark - EU Rules

Indlæg af A330 » 10.11.2020 10:14:30

Thank you again Skaanebo for your detailed answer. You've been a big help.

Besvar