Applying to skatteverket with foreign job

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
A330

Applying to skatteverket with foreign job

Indlæg af A330 » 12.10.2020 07:28:36

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

I am a danish citizen and I have two kids who are also danish citizens. I work internationally outside the EU as an airline pilot. Recently I have moved my family to Sweden for family reunification purposes. My wife is from Lebanon and we had to leave Lebanon due to the difficult circumstances and for the safety of our kids.

We have our own apartment in Sweden that we were able to rent for a year while we decide on our future.

My question revolves around my application to Skatteverket. Is there any rule preventing me from getting a personal number if my job is outside the EU/EEA? I will be spending at least 3 weeks per month in Sweden and one week abroad flying.

I have notified the Skatteverket about my move to Sweden and recently received the letter with about 27 questions. When we applied we ticked the option that we are self sufficient.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

skaanebo

Re: Applying to skatteverket with foreign job

Indlæg af skaanebo » 12.10.2020 16:29:07

I don't see any problems as long as you are able to prove that you actually spend 3 weeks every month in Sweden.

A330

Indlæg af A330 » 13.10.2020 10:44:30

Thank you very much for that answer. I submitted my answers yesterday along with all of the required documents. Hoping to get the personummer soon.

I have been using my credit card here from my danish bank account so far and kept all of the receipts. Is there anything else you can use to show your presence in Sweden?

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 13.10.2020 14:49:54

If you attend fitness or any other kind of activities on a regular basis where you check in, then that would also help to prove that you actually live in Sweden.

And of course photos taken of you and your family or friends where you can clearly see you are in Sweden and the time and date in the file.

A330

Indlæg af A330 » 14.10.2020 10:43:43

That was also very helpful. Thank you again.

I can also confirm after my visit to skatteverket that there is no issue with having a job abroad as long as the majority of your time not working is spent in Sweden. The main concern for Skatteverket is that a resident in Sweden is able to support him/herself and the family.

I would also assume that they mean by majority of time not spent working to be more than half or at least 183 days in Sweden per year.

I will update when I get an official answer and if I receive my personummer soon.

Besvar