Planning a wedding and life in Denmark

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
artdlov

Planning a wedding and life in Denmark

Indlæg af artdlov » 26.09.2020 14:27:25

Good afternon,

Please help me with information I still strugle to get from authorities.

Me and my girlfriend want to get married. Already engaged. In an ideal case I would be very thankful for a step by step guide or consultation, since we are in a beginning of a process Who are we:

I am a 32 year old Latvian citizen, living in Denmark total 7 years, was studying and working part time in the beginning, then applied for unemployment benefits. Was working 2,5 years part time. Have a full time job for more than 3 years now.

She is a citizen of Russia, lives there, 33 years old, employed full time. Does not have Schengen/EU visa or residence permit right now. Divorced.

We would like to be together, live in Denmark.

I would like to know the requirements for me as a sponsor.
Are we qualified to register our marriage in Denmark? What are the criterias? Can she get past a boarder control with safely?
How can we avoid travelling restrictions to Denmark due to COVID pandemic now to get married or apply for a residence permit (EU residence as a family member to an EU citizen)?

Many thanks in advance, I will be waiting for your reply and keep reading forums.

evc

Re: Planning a wedding and life in Denmark

Indlæg af evc » 27.09.2020 07:41:42

Yes, it should be easy. You are an EU Citizen and as long as she can get a tourist visa to visit Denmark (which can be the most difficult part), she can travel, you can get married and immediately apply for family reunification under EU laws, which are very simple. The struggle you see here are for non-EU citizens applying for reunification under Danish law.

Besvar