Question about the financial guarantee

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
lalaana

Question about the financial guarantee

Indlæg af lalaana » 15.09.2020 23:40:26

So my Danish husband and I are expecting to get my residence permit soon, however I am a little concerned about the collateral since our money situation is not very good atm and I have been told by some friends that we need to HAVE the money, however my husband told me he spoke with the bank and they told him that they will just set the money aside, as a loan I guess, and my husband is not gonna have to pay anything, idk I don't really understand Danish laws but if it was that easy it wouldn't be a problem for so many couples, my husband has a history of misunderstanding things and I don't wanna keep asking him because it makes him feel insecure and I don't want that, so can anyone confirm this? Is it really that easy? Thanks.

evc

Re: Question about the financial guarantee

Indlæg af evc » 16.09.2020 14:26:24

You don't need to have the money. You can talk to the bank and they'll issue a guarantee to the commune. This is basically them saying that they'll pay the amount if the commune needs it. But be aware: it costs money. I think I remember someone saying it costs around 3.000 danish crowns a year. It must depend on the bank, but that should be around it.

The cheapest solution is to have the money, but if you don't, then simply talk to the bank.

fortunate

Indlæg af fortunate » 20.11.2020 12:59:02

evc skrev:
16.09.2020 14:26:24
You don't need to have the money. You can talk to the bank and they'll issue a guarantee to the commune. This is basically them saying that they'll pay the amount if the commune needs it. But be aware: it costs money. I think I remember someone saying it costs around 3.000 danish crowns a year. It must depend on the bank, but that should be around it.

The cheapest solution is to have the money, but if you don't, then simply talk to the bank.
It depends. We have Nordea and when we were down there at the bank when needed to have the collateral, they refused and said they can only do it if we have the money. It depends on which bank you have.

evc

Indlæg af evc » 23.11.2020 10:48:40

fortunate skrev:
20.11.2020 12:59:02
evc skrev:
16.09.2020 14:26:24

It depends. We have Nordea and when we were down there at the bank when needed to have the collateral, they refused and said they can only do it if we have the money. It depends on which bank you have.
You are correct, in some cases you might need to have parts of the money. However, I think that depends on the assessed risk the bank makes based on your financial profile.

Besvar