RESIDENCE PERMIT AFTER DIVORCE

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
pauline

RESIDENCE PERMIT AFTER DIVORCE

Indlæg af pauline » 10.07.2020 08:25:00

Hey experts
,i need your advice,i am a non-EU residence living in Denmark and am divorcing my swedish husband who we have lived with for 3 and half years,we have two kids-swedish citizens, who are just starting 0 klasse,i have gone through language school and just finished my 9.klasse,and already registered to join SOSU school after summer.
i have worked 13 hours a week for the 3 and half years,what are the possibilities of me getting a resident permit.I still have one and a half year left on my residence permit,will it get revoked?if not will i be able to apply for the permanent residence permit after 5 year?

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Re: RESIDENCE PERMIT AFTER DIVORCE

Indlæg af mh1 » 10.07.2020 13:23:18

Check here:
https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/r ... -country-1

"What happens to your residence rights if you divorce your spouse?

If you divorce your EU spouse before they acquired permanent residence in their host country (which usually requires them to have lived there for 5 years) - you may stay if:

you have been living there for at least 1 year, and
your marriage lasted for at least 3 years before divorce proceedings started
You can also stay if you have:

custody of your child(ren) or
the right to see your minor child(ren), as long as the court ruled that such access must be in the host EU country
In the case of your right of access to a minor child, you can stay in the host EU country for as long as this is required.

To be able to stay, you must meet the same conditions for residence as EU nationals. ..."

You can check the conditions, which generally boils down to being a law abiding and self-supporting citizen.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

pauline

Indlæg af pauline » 10.07.2020 13:36:05

Hej again,thank you so much for the info,it gives me peace knowing that i have what is required by law to stay.
Another question is do i need to apply for another residence permit immediately or after mine expires in 5 years.

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Indlæg af mh1 » 10.07.2020 13:41:34

No, you don't need to do anything until you can apply for your permanent residence card. Just keep your documentation for your self support in order.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

Besvar