Job/Stay in Greenland and applying for Danish citizenship.

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
Rocky

Job/Stay in Greenland and applying for Danish citizenship.

Indlæg af Rocky » 09.07.2020 13:19:52

Dear Experts,

I currently live in Denmark and have a Danish permanent Residence. I'm planning to apply for Danish Citizenship end of next year and meanwhile, I received a professional job offer in Greenland.

I would like to know:-

1. If I work/stay in Greenland, does that duration period counts/adds-to years i lived in Denmark when applying for a Danish Citizenship?
2. While I work/live in Greenland, Is there something do I need to be aware of which could be an obstacle during the Citizenship application.

Any suggestions or help is immensely appreciated. Thank you.

skaanebo

Re: Job/Stay in Greenland and applying for Danish citizenship.

Indlæg af skaanebo » 09.07.2020 15:03:40

Greenland is seen as a separate entity, so I would suggest you remain in Denmark and await for the approval of your Danish citizenship, before moving to Greenland. Otherwise, it might jeapordize your chances of getting a Danish citizenship. In any case, you should ask for advice on this matter from the authorities if you really consider moving to Greenland before having gained Danish citizenship. Your Danish permanent residence permit will also be invalid in Greenland, so you'll essentially be giving up your permanent residence permit in Denmark and would need to apply for a new tempoary residence permit in Greenland as long as you're not a Danish citizen.

evc

Re: Job/Stay in Greenland and applying for Danish citizenship.

Indlæg af evc » 09.07.2020 22:43:25

I'd wait for the citizenship before moving too.

Besvar