How do I come back

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
latinadk

How do I come back

Indlæg af latinadk » 27.02.2020 23:28:59

Hello guys!

I have been referred to this group many times and I hope someone can help me...

Sooo my husband and I got our application declined but we appealed and the appealed got accepted, except I had already left the country when it got accepted because I didn´t want to risk staying illegally, fast forward to now I am still in my country and still waiting for an answer and have booked my flight to Denmark leaving in a couple weeks, the thing is I dont know how I can enter :?: I enter Europe through Germany as there are almost no direct flights to DK and they are suuuuper expensive and... :!: (ALERT OF CRAZY LONG STORY) :arrow: When I left Denmark I showed the German immigration officer the paper from US saying I had until that date to leave, he told me that paper was of no use in Germany and thus I had entered German territory illegally, they took me to the police station and made me sign something they didn´t tell me what it was and I was in such fragile emotional state that I just signed because the officer told me it was all good and I had to sign because my flight was leaving soon, it was only after a couple weeks in my country I contacted them about that situation, I wanted them to tell me what it was that I signed and if I was banned, I had signed a paper accepting my charges and then there was some miscommunication as we understood that meant I was banned, we rescheluded my flight to have time to figure things out and then they told us clearly I was not banned but they reccommended for me to travel directly to DK since I didn´t have a residence permit yet and was not travelling as a tourist (I DO NOT NEED A SCHENGEN VISA BTW) they told me I´d need to meet the requirements listed in Schengen borders code article 6 if I wanted them to guarantee my enter...

I don´t know what to do, we were told the paper from US saying I am allowed to reside in DK while they process the appeal was enough to enter Europe, now in Germany they tell us it´s not and in DK they don´t know anything as usual, they haven´t helped us or provided any answers so I am hoping someone here can give me some guidance, God bless you guys.

skaanebo

Re: How do I come back

Indlæg af skaanebo » 28.02.2020 11:11:37

You should probably get a visa sticker from Danish immigration. Contact them to get this done. You might have to go to the Danish embassy or consulate for this.

You write you don't need a visa to enter Schengen. But just to be sure, either get a visa sticker from Denmark OR book a flight that does not involve making a stopover in another Schengen country.

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Indlæg af mh1 » 28.02.2020 19:52:13

Check which non-EU countries you can enter without visa and from which there are direct flights to Denmark, and book your flight accordingly. Remember that England is no longer in EU.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

latinadk

Indlæg af latinadk » 29.02.2020 00:37:05

I haven't found a single flight without layovers in other Schengen countries, and US told me I could get a re entry permit and later on they told me it was not possible they kinda shrug and don't offer many options :(

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 29.02.2020 09:57:54

Where will you be flying from? And which airport is your destination?

latinadk

Indlæg af latinadk » 02.03.2020 06:46:17

Panama to Billund, layover in Frankfurt

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 02.03.2020 10:20:36

If you really want to go via Frankfurt, you risk being rejected at immigration if you do not hold a visa sticker.

An easy way to avoid this route is to go from Panama via Miami and London to Billund. That way Denmark will be your first stop in the Schengen area.

latinadk

Indlæg af latinadk » 02.03.2020 20:07:41

I'd need a visa for both US and UK, no time or money for that atm, I think I'm just going to enter as a tourist intending to come back in under 90 days..

latinadk

Indlæg af latinadk » 02.03.2020 20:08:35

If I get rejected, would that affect my status in the EU, I mean would I get banned, I could just try again right?

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 03.03.2020 12:27:55

As far as I can tell from your story, you have already been banned. Which is why it is essential that you require permission to enter the Schengen area BEFOREHAND. Otherwise you need to make sure that your first stop in the Schengen area is a place where Danish can be read and understood and you will need to bring your letter from Danish immigration allowing you to remain/enter Denmark. That narrows it down to the Nordic countries.

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 03.03.2020 16:11:38

Otherwise, consider flying the opposite way around the globe, across the Pacific and enter Denmark via for instance Asia or the Middle East.

latinadk

Indlæg af latinadk » 03.03.2020 18:59:59

I haven't been banned, they explicitly told me I was not, and I could travel meeting the requirements in the Schengen Borders Code article 6, which means travel as a tourist which is what I think I'm going to do even if that means I'd have to come back...

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 03.03.2020 19:52:34

So you will need a return ticket (or an onwards ticket out of the Schengen area) plus enough money to cover staying in hotels during your scheduled stay.

evc

Indlæg af evc » 12.03.2020 10:53:47

I hope you learned the lesson of never signing anything without knowing its content, EVEN if a police officer is standing by your side saying "things are fine". I learned that lesson calling the authorities in Denmark to understand my previous situation, and I was baffled to see all of the misinformation they gave me. Unless it is YOUR LAWYER saying you can sign it, do not do it.

Take everything you are told in the immigration office and the communes with a grain of salt and double-check everything. It is in your interest to stay within the law, not theirs. The stakes are too high for you to put your future into someone else's hands. This is the biggest advice I give people new to another judicial system. One small misunderstanding and it can cost months and even years of your life.

Anyways, I went through a similar situation. The difference is that I left through Spain and they basically just stamped my way out of the country, no questions asked. Then I had to wait 3 months to travel back and await the answer in Denmark. My plan was not very thorough though, as I entered through The Netherlands. At the airport I was stopped and brought to a "chat" with a surprisingly very comprehensive officer. He took his time inspect my
and check the authenticity of papers. Eventually he let me in, warning me that I was going to get my permit and not stay illegal. I think he just sympathized with my situation. I also had a return ticket with me. That probably weighted his decision in my favor, on the other hand, reading this thread I feel like he just made me a favor. A big one.

If you do not want to wait in your home country, remember to have your (original) marriage certificate and the letters from the Udlændingestyrelsen with you. That could help.
Senest rettet af evc 13.03.2020 14:03:59, rettet i alt 1 gang.

latinadk

Indlæg af latinadk » 13.03.2020 04:19:31

Evc I've sent you a PB!!

Besvar