Health insurance policy duration, Sweden.

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
bsoren

Re: Health insurance policy duration, Sweden.

Indlæg af bsoren » 26.09.2019 04:54:41

This is the latest reply from Migrationsverket when asked about insurance again:

"If the applicants are unable to get a certificate from the country of origin the applicant needs to sign a full-coverage private healthcare insurance which applies throughout the stay in Sweden. There are no list for approved health insurance companies, all the the evaluation of the insurance papers are done individually."

By the way we took our Danish citizen 1 year old to the Children Emergency a while ago (before they got personnummer) and just received a 4300kr invoice for it today. I thought there is a nordic healthcare agreement between the countries that takes care of these bills. Weird!

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 26.09.2019 07:46:46

Probably due to lack of personnr. Call them to get it sorted.

MilleA

Indlæg af MilleA » 15.11.2020 13:03:51

Dear bsoren,

I am helping some friends of mine with their family reunification procedure.
The woman is Danish, and the husband is Iranian, and they are moving to Sweden next week.
The husband also needs a health insurance. I know this is a old post, but is there any change that you can tell, what you ended up doing? Did you buy another private health insurance that covered you?

Thanks beforehand!

Sharkins

Indlæg af Sharkins » 15.11.2020 16:48:50

bsoren skrev:
15.09.2019 09:24:18
skaanebo skrev:
15.09.2019 06:44:50
You have dual Danish-Iranian citizenship?
Oh this is the husband (Iranian) who is writing here. Wife and kid are Danish nationals, she works/studies in DK. They just got registered with Skatteverket a couple of days ago and received their Swedish Personnummers. She is going to apply for her særligt sundhedskort in the coming week.

Cigna flat out rejected me as an Iranian, so thats that. I saw in the forum that somebody suggested this travel insurance https://allnewgclub.com/th/ I wasn't sure travel insurance would work!?

We are going to apply for the residence card as per your suggestion during the coming week and then will apply for Swedish residence permit. Only thing left is to acquire an acceptable health insurance.
pretty good advice

Besvar