Moving to DK under EU-rules

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
novlosib

Moving to DK under EU-rules

Indlæg af novlosib » 25.08.2017 21:39:54

Hello!
I'm a german citizen living in Chile with my chilean wife. I currently work remotely for a danish company and we're looking to relocate to Denmark. According to some investigating, we have to possible routes:

- My job falls under "The Positive List", so we could apply via this method for residence
- Use my german citizenship and move to Denmark under EU free movement rules

For the sake of simplicity and costs (applying for The Positive List is not exactly cheap), I would prefer to use the second option and move to Denmark under EU rules. Unfortunately the information is quite contradictory at times, and I need your help clarifying some issues:

Can we simply buy a one-way plane ticket for my wife and I and simply move to Denmark? I already have a job basically waiting for me there, but I'm unclear of the procedures and where to do what. Some parts of nyidanmark.dk state I have to already be living in Denmark to have my wife apply for family reunification, others say something different. Also, if we just fly to Europe and don't have a plane ticket back (or don't have one for the next 3 months), couldn't the border agent deny my wife entrance? Would I need to be carrying a legalized marriage certificate or something like that?

Please, I haven't been able to clarify this anywhere, you guys would be of great help!

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Re: Moving to DK under EU-rules

Indlæg af mh1 » 26.08.2017 18:29:58

By all means, use the EU-rules. The reason you have become confused is that Udlændingestyrelsen (nyidanmark) does not handle EU-applicants.

Your wife does not need a visa, and in principle not a return ticket either. BUT Just to avoid hazzle in the airport do buy the cheapest possible ticket out of the Schengen area, though. Probably that will be a Ryan Air-ticket to England, or a one-week charter holiday in Turkey. It doesn't really matter, since it is just for to show a possible overenthusiastic bureaucrat at the entry airport.

When you come to DK, you go to the institution here (which even gives you info in German) in order to register both of you: http://www.statsforvaltningen.dk/site.aspx?p=6394

Follow their instructions on the page. It should be straightforward, for me and my husband it was so in Germany :)
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

novlosib

Indlæg af novlosib » 26.08.2017 19:33:01

Thanks for the info! Is there any cost to the whole process with the State Administration in DK? Can't find anything regarding costs.

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 26.08.2017 19:36:28

No, it's free.

Besvar