Moving out in Denmark, Living in SWEDEN

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Jesper&Anna

Moving out in Denmark, Living in SWEDEN

Indlæg af Jesper&Anna » 21.10.2013 09:00:10

Hello Guys,

This site has been very useful to us (Me non Eu & my danish Husband).

My husband and I had been fighting so much to be reunited again, And here are some of the tips we gathered moving out in Denmark and settling in Sweden.

1. Find a apartment in sweden.
2. Go to skatteverket with your passport, and the contract from house or apartment. There is website http://www.skatteverket.se. When you go to skatteversket, don't forget when you feel out the application to write your wife, she joins you later.
3. Register in sweden, to get a swedish CPR number.
4. When you received swedish cpr num, Go to migrationsverket, there is website http://www.migrationsverket.se
5. you have two choice for familly reunification:
a. under swedish law because you are danish and nordic agreement( the waiting time for answer is estimate 1 years .
B.) Under EU rules because you are also from EU member state
6. For application you will need:
your apartment contract,
your familjebevis ( from skatteverket),
your wife's passport copies pages,
your wife's health insurance you can get one here http://www.erv.se/en/our-insurances/visitor-insurance/.
your student contract ( if you will be student in sweden)
your salary and work contract( if you will have a job in denmark or sweden or norway)
or your bank account ( if you have sufficient money to live and to support your wife).
married certificate

You may also provide any kind of evidence suppose to prove your relationship ( train flight bus ticket. restaurant bill, picture, email, message from phone, skype recording message and other) evidence they will not ask i advice you do that.
7. ME (the wife) I apply online for spouse visa here in my origin country, then the moment the swedish immigration receive my application they will contact my husband to ask questions. Then wait for the result. The processing will take 8 months or more.

Maridel

Re: Moving out in Denmark, Living in SWEDEN

Indlæg af Maridel » 07.05.2017 14:13:31

Hi there,I just read what you post in the forum.I was just curious,you waited in your home country until your visa was approved?and so,why was it like that when you guys are married?

I am also married to a Danish guy and we are here in Denmark.We are planing to move to Sweden but we want to be together as much as possible.

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Indlæg af mh1 » 07.05.2017 20:48:40

You can move to Sweden with your husband, as long as your visa is still valid.

As soon as you both set foot in Sweden you will be a legal alien, since your husband becomes an EU-citizen with a right to bring his spouse with him. Then you just need to go register both of you.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

colombianboy

Indlæg af colombianboy » 16.07.2017 19:46:49

I have read your post and I wonder how you do about Tax agency and the right to work and study.

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 16.07.2017 19:56:51

You simply go there and provide the same kind of documentation as you did at the Migration Board to show that you are a family member of an EU citizen who has used his or her right to free movement.

airroseice

Indlæg af airroseice » 10.02.2018 20:46:05

Jesper&Anna skrev:
21.10.2013 09:00:10
Hello Guys,

This site has been very useful to us (Me non Eu & my danish Husband).

My husband and I had been fighting so much to be reunited again, And here are some of the tips we gathered moving out in Denmark and settling in Sweden.

1. Find a apartment in sweden.
2. Go to skatteverket with your passport, and the contract from house or apartment. There is website http://www.skatteverket.se. When you go to skatteversket, don't forget when you feel out the application to write your wife, she joins you later.
3. Register in sweden, to get a swedish CPR number.
4. When you received swedish cpr num, Go to migrationsverket, there is website http://www.migrationsverket.se
5. you have two choice for familly reunification:
a. under swedish law because you are danish and nordic agreement( the waiting time for answer is estimate 1 years .
B.) Under EU rules because you are also from EU member state
6. For application you will need:
your apartment contract,
your familjebevis ( from skatteverket),
your wife's passport copies pages,
your wife's health insurance you can get one here http://www.erv.se/en/our-insurances/visitor-insurance/.
your student contract ( if you will be student in sweden)
your salary and work contract( if you will have a job in denmark or sweden or norway)
or your bank account ( if you have sufficient money to live and to support your wife).
married certificate

You may also provide any kind of evidence suppose to prove your relationship ( train flight bus ticket. restaurant bill, picture, email, message from phone, skype recording message and other) evidence they will not ask i advice you do that.
7. ME (the wife) I apply online for spouse visa here in my origin country, then the moment the swedish immigration receive my application they will contact my husband to ask questions. Then wait for the result. The processing will take 8 months or more.
Thanks for sharing!

ranesarbues

Indlæg af ranesarbues » 29.07.2018 20:35:09

Hello! I'm new to this forum and very much thankful for getting good information on certain issues. I am just wondering if the procedures you did in getting in to Sweden would apply for couples who are not yet married but planning to do so. My fiance is also a citizen of Denmark and wanting to move to Sweden. I, however is non-EU. We are hoping to apply under EU rules but we don't know if we need to get married first here in Denmark before going to Sweden or if we can do it there before we apply for permit.

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 29.07.2018 21:27:38

You either need to be married OR you need to prove that you have been co-habiting for the previous 12-18 months at a minimum.

ranesarbues

Indlæg af ranesarbues » 29.07.2018 22:03:06

Thank you for the answer. And the thing is, I only have a temporary permit here in Denmark. Would that mean I have to go back to my home country to apply for a permit or can we do it in Sweden while I still have a valid visa?

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 29.07.2018 22:12:38

If you apply under EU laws, it’s sufficient to show a marriage certificate or proof of 18 months cohabitation with an EU/EEA citizen who has used his or her right of free movement to settle in Sweden. So you can apply while in Sweden even if you happen to be an illegal immigrant.

ranesarbues

Indlæg af ranesarbues » 30.07.2018 06:56:48

just to make sure I get it right, we need to get marry here in Denmark before my visa ends and have the marriage certificate ready along with the other requirements my future hudband needs to have. I can enter Sweden even if for example my visa has expired or should I apply for an entry visa..?

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 30.07.2018 07:07:29

Since Sweden has a border control to Denmark you cannot enter once your visa has expired and you would need to leave the Schengen area in order to apply for a visa.

If your visa will expire soon, you had better go to Sweden while your visa is still valid and then marry there. In Sweden there are no laws saying you need to have a valid visa or residence permit in order to marry, unlike in Denmark.

ranesarbues

Indlæg af ranesarbues » 30.07.2018 11:09:02

I see, thanks a lot for answering my inquiries. That was a great help

bsoren

Indlæg af bsoren » 13.09.2019 19:48:09

skaanebo skrev:
29.07.2018 22:12:38
If you apply under EU laws, it’s sufficient to show a marriage certificate or proof of 18 months cohabitation with an EU/EEA citizen who has used his or her right of free movement to settle in Sweden. So you can apply while in Sweden even if you happen to be an illegal immigrant.
Hey!
Would this also happen to be the case for applying under the Swedish laws, for non-EU Spouse of a Nordic citizen? I overstayed my visa and my Danish wife just got her Swedish Personal Number a few days ago. We've been married for 6 years and have a 1 year old child together, so logically I prefer to apply based on the Swedish rules and get a permanent residence permit.
Regards.

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 13.09.2019 20:10:40

You can apply under both EU laws and Swedish laws and obtain both a residence card (EU) and a residence permit (Swedish laws).

Once you have applied for a residence card you instantly gain all rights associated with it and get a legal residence. On that basis you can also apply for a residence permit while in Sweden.

Besvar