Barn af dobbelt statsborger (dansk-amerikansk)

Her kan du skrive om/søge information om alt mellem himmel og jord, som ikke er dækket af de andre fora her på siden.

Redaktører: ZB, AUG Board

Besvar
vonsild

Barn af dobbelt statsborger (dansk-amerikansk)

Indlæg af vonsild » 16.09.2018 19:55:12

Hej
Min gravide kæreste er dansk og jeg er dansk amerikaner (født i Danmark af amerikansk mor og dansk far).
Med mit dobbelte statsborgerskab, opnår mit barn det samme (amerikansk / dansk statsborger) ved fødsel i Danmark?

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Re: Barn af dobbelt statsborger (dansk-amerikansk)

Indlæg af mh1 » 16.09.2018 20:40:39

Det ser umiddelbart ud til at dit barn vil få amerikansk statsborgerskab, men spørg den amerikanske ambassade/konsulatet. Under alle omstændigheder skal du formodentlig til ambassaden/konsulatet for at få dit barn registreret, hvis det har ret til amerikansk statsborgerskab.

“Bekendtgørelse af lov om dansk indfødsret

Herved bekendtgøres lov om dansk indfødsret, jf. lovbekendtgørelse nr. 422 af 7. juni 2004, med de ændringer, der følger af § 30 i lov nr. 542 af 24. juni 2005, § 6 i lov nr. 647 af 12. juni 2013, lov nr. 729 af 25. juni 2014, lov nr. 730 af 25. juni 2014, lov nr. 1496 af 23. december 2014, § 3 i lov nr. 1525 af 27. december 2014, lov nr. 534 af 29. april 2015, lov nr. 110 af 8. februar 2016 og § 1 i lov nr. 1562 af 13. december 2016.

§ 1. Et barn erhverver dansk indfødsret ved fødslen, hvis faderen, moderen eller medmoderen er dansk.
Stk. 2. Hittebarn, som bliver fundet her i riget, anses, indtil andet oplyses, som havende dansk indfødsret.”

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1401
“8 U.S. Code § 1401 - Nationals and citizens of United States at birth
US Code

Authorities (CFR)

The following shall be nationals and citizens of the United States at birth:
(a) a person born in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof;
(b) a person born in the United States to a member of an Indian, Eskimo, Aleutian, or other aboriginal tribe: Provided, That the granting of citizenship under this subsection shall not in any manner impair or otherwise affect the right of such person to tribal or other property;
(c) a person born outside of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents both of whom are citizens of the United States and one of whom has had a residence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions, prior to the birth of such person;
(d) a person born outside of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is a citizen of the United States who has been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for a continuous period of one year prior to the birth of such person, and the other of whom is a national, but not a citizen of the United States;
(e) a person born in an outlying possession of the United States of parents one of whom is a citizen of the United States who has been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for a continuous period of one year at any time prior to the birth of such person;
(f) a person of unknown parentage found in the United States while under the age of five years, until shown, prior to his attaining the age of twenty-one years, not to have been born in the United States;
(g) a person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than five years, at least two of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years: Provided, That any periods of honorable service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or periods of employment with the United States Government or with an international organization as that term is defined in section 288 of title 22 by such citizen parent, or any periods during which such citizen parent is physically present abroad as the dependent unmarried son or daughter and a member of the household of a person (A) honorably serving with the Armed Forces of the United States, or (B) employed by the United States Government or an international organization as defined in section 288 of title 22, may be included in order to satisfy the physical-presence requirement of this paragraph. This proviso shall be applicable to persons born on or after December 24, 1952, to the same extent as if it had become effective in its present form on that date; ...”
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

Besvar