Application for Permanent Residence

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
mizcracker1

Application for Permanent Residence

Indlæg af mizcracker1 » 02.12.2018 13:53:53

Dear friends,

I have several questions regarding the permanent opholdstilladelse and my eventual citizenship. I can write and speak Danish but as these questions imply complex wording I will rather write in English:

1. I am Non-eu and came to Denmark in September 2012, and been married with my Danish wife since one year before that, meaning that at the moment when I finally can get my POT I could inmediately apply for statsborgerskab. Would you recommend to wait some time after I get my POT or could I apply right away?

2. Since April 2016 I have had two jobs as løsarbejder (per hours) at two big companies, until one year ago when I finally got a permanent full time job. During the period when I was working per hours, I did not work every month the minimum of 120 hours, however I did work even more hours some of those months. Yet, there were some weeks when I did not work so many hours (less than 30 hours), and some weeks when I did not stop working and worked much more than 30 hours. Do these months count for the 3.5 years in the past 4 requirement?

3. I started working full time in my current company in October 2017. Before I got my permanent contract, I had a 3-month contract, and then in January 2018 I signed a permanent contract. Do these first three months count for the 3.5 year requirement?

4. I am a little bit unclear on how to calculate the wage requirement for one of the 4 supplementary requirements. If I make 282,000 DKK before taxes per year, would this be ok to fulfill the requirement? What I mean is, if my lønseddel says "23 500" before all the taxes, can I multiply this number by 12 and then if that number is equal or higher than the requirement, will this be ok?

5. There was one or two months where I received less than what I get per month, because I was forced to go back home because of an emergency, meaning that I had unpaid holidays -and I had no ferepenge left, so I had less money those months. Will this affect the 3.5 year requirement or the minimum wage suplemmentary requirement?

6. Even if it will be, I assume, at least 2 years before I can apply for the POT (hopefully less...), how exactly do I prove all of the above to US? Do I send a copy of each lønseddel that I would have had in the past 3.5 years at the moment of applying, by PDF to US, and a copy of each of the 4 contracts that I have had so far? I can imagine a PDF of hundreds of Megabytes, and problems trying to upload it to the crappy US webpage.

7. If I passed Prøve i Dansk 3 with a 12 in skriftlig, 10 in læsning, and 4 in speaking, can I still fulfill the 6' mark? I am still unclear in how to calculate the passing mark. As far as I can see, the mundligt counts twice, so (12+10+4+4)/48 = 62,5

8. Is it ok if I passed the PD3 test at the end of 2015? What I mean is that does the test "expire" at the eyes of US?

9. Do I need to be a member of A-kasse in order to get POT? Since I cannot get dagpenge if I would be unemployed because of the new rules, then why would I pay a-kasse? I am not paying it right now, neither am I paying fagforening.

10. If we both have never paid the medielicens to DR, would this be an issue for POT or the statsborgerskab? how would this affect the moment when the medielicens be paid through Skat?

11. Can my wife get dagpenge in case of emergency she is fired? Would this affect POT or my statsborgerskab?

11. Do you believe they will make more changes in the coming years to get POT or statsborgerskab even harder than what it is now? Are they even crazier and out of control than what we believe they are?

I know this is a lot of questions, but maybe you guys can help me. Thank you so much!

mizcracker1

Re: Application for Permanent Residence

Indlæg af mizcracker1 » 07.02.2019 04:11:30

Hi, any help I could get in any of the topics above would be great. Thanks!

evc

Indlæg af evc » 28.02.2019 22:29:26

Where did you hear you must have a certain average in the PD3 to get the citizenship (point 7)?

As far as I know, the passing grade is 2 in the 7-scale system, so if you did not get less than that in any of your exams, you don't even need to bother.

mizcracker1

Indlæg af mizcracker1 » 05.03.2019 16:53:22

Thank you. Any chance anybody has any information regarding my other points?

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Indlæg af mh1 » 06.03.2019 22:20:34

Trying again - in the morning everything disappeared when I clicked 'send' :x

1) Apply as soon as you are certain that you fulfil the requirements. The procedure takes a long time, there is no reason to add to that.
2) Don’t know – lousy internet connection means I can’t search.
3) They count.
4) The 2019 required sum is 286.526,16 kr. It increases every year. You prove it by adding your annual tax returns.
5) Don’t know about the 3,5 years, but as for the required sum, if you made it anyway, see answer 4.
6) You send your contracts and annual tax returns.
7) If you have been graded with a 4, you must have been graded according to the 7-grading scale. That means that you need an average of 02. The 13-grading scale was replaced by the 7-scale in 2007, and it is according to that you would have needed an average of 6.
8) As they list exams which were graded with the 13-scale it means that exams from before 2007 are still valid, so no sweat.
9) Is membership of A-kasse or union listed under requirements? No? There’s your answer.
10) Debt for medielicens is not yet a ‘forbidden’ debt. It will become so, when it becomes something you pay via SKAT (taxes).
11) Yes, if they are from a-kasse.
12) Yes, definitely.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

mizcracker1

Indlæg af mizcracker1 » 06.03.2019 22:50:04

mh, Thank you so much for your answers. In regards to the medielicens, my wife does not want to pay for this unless it will be charged as Skat, when of course we will pay for it. I hope that the fact that we are right now "sortseere" will not affect my application.
Do you have any speculation on how they will make POT or statsborgerskab even harder to achieve?

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Indlæg af mh1 » 07.03.2019 17:42:16

Well, as it is, the overdue debt for medialicens it will be sent to SKAT for recovery, and then it could become a problem. Somehow no-one really likes freeloaders.

As for new and more difficult requirements, Austria requires 15-30 years residence plus that you renounce your hitherto citizenship, Germany and Japan also require renouncement of other citizenship, and both require permanent residence, which is very difficult to obtain in Japan, not due to specific requirements, but to arbitrary evaluations; Switzerland requires 10 years residence plus proof that you are fully integrated and no threat to society, but allows dual citizenship.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

Besvar