work as volunteer

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
computer

work as volunteer

Indlæg af computer » 22.11.2018 09:52:08

I have been working as volunteer in a club, where people( with physical or mental problems) meet for social purpose.

Q1) do I need to be registered in kinda of system, so that I have proof for my volunteer work?

Q2) how can I prove myself being volunteer when i apply for Permanent Residence perment?

thank you!

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Re: work as volunteer

Indlæg af mh1 » 22.11.2018 11:00:45

Are you not somehow registered in this club? Do they keep records on who are on duty when? If so, ask for copies. There is not centralized register for such work.

If there is no registration and recording in the club, ask them for a letter of confirmation for how long time you have been working, how many hours, and on what level.

Be aware that your work has to be on a certain level to be of any help when you apply for p.r., preferably you should be a member of the board, committee or council, that is: participate in the management of the organization:

"Participation in a non-profit organization
You can also meet the requirement concerning active citizenship through at least 1 year of participation in a non-profit organization, e.g. if you have participated actively in the management of an organization. The non-profit organization can e.g. be an organization that is entitled to subsidies under the Non-formal Education Act (folkeoplysningsloven)."

In other words: if your work 'only' consists of being a companion to one or more of the members with problems, it will most likely not be accepted as a supplementary requirement.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

computer

Indlæg af computer » 23.11.2018 16:48:04

hej mh

thanks for the reply.

I am not registered in this club and they dont keep records on my work time. I just had a conversation with the club manager one time before i started. after that the manager wasnt there every time when i worked.

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Indlæg af mh1 » 23.11.2018 17:47:35

As stated above: the work you do, however commendable it is, will most likely not be accepted as a supplementary requirement, so whether you can document it or not may not be all that important.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

Besvar