Full time job in DK?

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
fortunate

Full time job in DK?

Indlæg af fortunate » 26.06.2018 11:56:02

Hi friends:

I would like to ask what is the official definiton of "full-time job" in Denmark?

I am offered a job that has 160 hours per month, but salary is not particularly high (over 10k though). Does it still qualify for a full-time job?

If I want to work some more hours beside this work, say a part-time job at the weekends. Therefore my working hours will be around 190 per month, is that legal? Does it have any negative consequences to a current FS case under process? (I am the sponsor)

Thank you all for the time. Have a nice day.

Best, fortunate

Esbjerg

Re: Full time job in DK?

Indlæg af Esbjerg » 26.06.2018 12:13:27

Hi,

The definition of full time job is 37hrs /week i.e. 160hrs/month. This is most of the people work in Denmark

According to time is considered full time job irrespective of salary you get but if you are looking for a work permit under pay limit scheme than it is too less to qualify for permit to issue

See below link says -Min salary of 34,750DKK/month to give work permit in Denmark for year 2018
https://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-GB/You-wan ... mit-scheme

Working a second job you need to inform your first employer and also need to obtain a permit for sideline job, see below link https://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-GB/You-wan ... employment

I didnt get what is FS case ? is it family reunification application process ?

Br. Esbjerg

fortunate

Indlæg af fortunate » 26.06.2018 12:54:00

Hi Esbjerg,

Thanks for your reply.

I called US today and a lady told me a monthly working hour of 120 (30 hours per week) is already considered a full-time job, at least to US. Is it true?

FS is family reunification case.

Thanks for reminding that I had to inform the first employer.

Best, fortunate

DortheM

Indlæg af DortheM » 26.06.2018 15:33:41

fortunate skrev:
26.06.2018 12:54:00
I called US today and a lady told me a monthly working hour of 120 (30 hours per week) is already considered a full-time job, at least to US. Is it true?
YES this is true in regards to everything that has to do with resident permit.

From: https://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-GB/You-wan ... -residence

What is regular, full-time employment?

Regular employment should be understood to mean that your employer does not receive public funding, such as wage subsidies (løntilskud), in connection with your employment. Your pay and working conditions should also meet the level established in the applicable collective-bargaining agreement, or otherwise be considered normal for the position.

Full-time employment should be understood to mean minimum 30 hours per week, or minimum 120 hours per month, at a job in Denmark.

If you worked more than one job at a time and your combined total number of hours 30 hours per week, or 120 hours per month, you meet the regular, full-time employment requirement.

The following types of employment are considered regular employment

Paid employment, minimum 30 hours per week, or 120 hours per month
Work as a self-employed if the work carries the same weight as a regular full-time employment
Working for a business owned by your spouse, if the work is taxable and can be considered regular, full-time employment
Sick leave, holiday, absence to care for family members and parental leave etc, within the terms and conditions of your employment
Flexjob – If it meets the terms established by the Active Employment Policy Act (lov om en aktiv beskæftigelsesindsats), a flexjob is considered regular employment, even though the employer may have received a subsidy to pay your wages. A flexjob counts as full-time employment regardless of the number of hours you worked

fortunate

Indlæg af fortunate » 27.06.2018 09:39:20

DortheM skrev:
26.06.2018 15:33:41
fortunate skrev:
26.06.2018 12:54:00
YES this is true in regards to everything that has to do with resident permit.

From: https://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-GB/You-wan ... -residence

What is regular, full-time employment?

Regular employment should be understood to mean that your employer does not receive public funding, such as wage subsidies (løntilskud), in connection with your employment. Your pay and working conditions should also meet the level established in the applicable collective-bargaining agreement, or otherwise be considered normal for the position.

Full-time employment should be understood to mean minimum 30 hours per week, or minimum 120 hours per month, at a job in Denmark.

If you worked more than one job at a time and your combined total number of hours 30 hours per week, or 120 hours per month, you meet the regular, full-time employment requirement.

The following types of employment are considered regular employment

Paid employment, minimum 30 hours per week, or 120 hours per month
Work as a self-employed if the work carries the same weight as a regular full-time employment
Working for a business owned by your spouse, if the work is taxable and can be considered regular, full-time employment
Sick leave, holiday, absence to care for family members and parental leave etc, within the terms and conditions of your employment
Flexjob – If it meets the terms established by the Active Employment Policy Act (lov om en aktiv beskæftigelsesindsats), a flexjob is considered regular employment, even though the employer may have received a subsidy to pay your wages. A flexjob counts as full-time employment regardless of the number of hours you worked
Thank you DortheM for the clear answer. I was doubtful when I first heard about full-time work being 120 hours, now it's much clear.

Would you happen to know if I take two part-time jobs which in total has the amount of work of 120 hours, would that still count as full-time work?

På forhånd tak. :lol:

DortheM

Indlæg af DortheM » 27.06.2018 09:44:42

yes. It actualle says so in the text from nyidanmark ;)

"If you worked more than one job at a time and your combined total number of hours 30 hours per week, or 120 hours per month, you meet the regular, full-time employment requirement."

fortunate

Indlæg af fortunate » 29.06.2018 12:58:04

DortheM skrev:
27.06.2018 09:44:42
yes. It actualle says so in the text from nyidanmark ;)

"If you worked more than one job at a time and your combined total number of hours 30 hours per week, or 120 hours per month, you meet the regular, full-time employment requirement."
I see it now. I'm just curious, is it universally accepted in Denmark that a job with working hours more than 30 a week is a full-time employment or is it just what US thinks?

Thank you for the answer, DortheM. :D

DortheM

Indlæg af DortheM » 29.06.2018 18:10:25

In the dagpenge system there is alså a line at 30 hours a week. If you have 30 or more you have to be full time secured (fuldtidsforsikret), if under you can be part time secured (deltidsforsikret).

But in general one say full time is 37 hours a week.

Chr. R.

Indlæg af Chr. R. » 29.06.2018 18:30:44

Fulltime is 29,6 hours or more a week.

Besvar