Validity after move? Eu card

Her kan du skrive om/søge information om hvorledes du/I kan benytte EU-reglerne til at bo sammen i både Danmark og andre EU-lande, f.eks. Sverige, Norge eller Tyskland.

Redaktører: ZB, AUG Board

Besvar
Evas

Validity after move? Eu card

Indlæg af Evas » 26.08.2019 21:40:24

Hello,
I hope someone can help me with this question. My husband and I don’t agree on the eu-cards validity. So here is the “argument” we have. My husband got a eu residency card in Denmark when we lived there in January 2019. Valid for 1 year. We then moved to Sweden where I’m from, and have applied for both rules here (still waiting). My husband swears that the danish eu card is valid until the date that is printed on it,(January 2020) while I say it expired/became invalid when we moved to Sweden? I have read somewhere that it expires 6 months after you change your address/ move to another country. Am I wrong? And does all Eu countries have the same rules regarding this?

Thank you for your help!

mh
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Re: Validity after move? Eu card

Indlæg af mh » 27.08.2019 11:11:02

It is not valid, since his residence right is based on his marriage to you, and your residing in DK.

"Your family members may use their residence card to travel to another EU country but if they want to move to another EU country, they have to apply for another residence card in the new host country. And as long as they are dependent on you, you have to move with them."

This translates to the residence card becoming invalid when you move. It is tied to the country which issued it.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/r ... dex_en.htm
mh

Evas

Re: Validity after move? Eu card

Indlæg af Evas » 27.08.2019 13:58:33

Thank you 🙏🏽

Besvar