I have a filipino gay boyfriend and he is illegal ( undocumented)

Her kan du skrive om/søge information om ægteskab og vielse i DK og udlandet.

Redaktører: ZB, AUG Board

Besvar
SM1764

I have a filipino gay boyfriend and he is illegal ( undocumented)

Indlæg af SM1764 » 11.03.2018 21:46:45

Hallo guys,
I am a dutch guy and i have a filipino boyfriend undocumented or ( illegal immigrant here in germany.) we are living together for more than 2 years. And i dont want him to send back to philippines. I heared that same sex marriage in Denmark is possible. My question is. Is it possible to get married in Denmark to my undocumented boyfriend?

Please help us. Because we love each other and i really love him. And i didnt want to leave him.

I am open for suggestions, Thank you and looking forward.

skaanebo

Re: I have a filipino gay boyfriend and he is illegal ( undocumented)

Indlæg af skaanebo » 11.03.2018 23:20:43

You cannot marry in Denmark because a requirement to marry is that both parties are in Denmark legally and your bf does not have a valid Schengen visa or a valid Schengen residence permit or card. But you can marry in other countries that don't have this requirement such as Sweden or France for instance. Be cautious, though, once you submit your documents for preapproval of the marriage at the registar's office or in the church because his presence will still be illegal and the police might arrest him before the wedding procedures have been finalised.

Also, some countries might have provisions stating that foreigners can only marry if the marriage would be recognised in the home country of the two spouses. As the Philippines doesn't recognise same-sex marriage this could also be an obstacle. You would need to do research on this topic yourself.

And obviously, your bf would need to have a valid passport and proof that he is not married already.

SM1764

Indlæg af SM1764 » 12.03.2018 07:34:01

@skaanebo
Thank you so much for the info. My boyfriend has a valid passport. And and we heared from someone that denmark is allowing people to get married for illegal and with residence. I just only confious because of his situation. I dont want to put him in risk and most of it i dont want him to send it back to his home town. Because finding a partner like him is not that easy. I know everybpeople has a differences but i am sure that he is the one that i am looking for.

Well you said that france is allowed. Do you think it will give is that quick for marriage? Have u heard someone get married there with this kind of situation? I am sorry coz i had a lot of questions. I just want to make sure that the moves that i am going to do is safe and not to put him in risk.

Thank you so much skaanebo for the info.

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Indlæg af mh1 » 12.03.2018 08:09:17

The possibility for same-sex couples to get married. The following EU countries grant this right: Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland).

So can you not marry in Germany?
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

SM1764

Indlæg af SM1764 » 12.03.2018 08:25:37

Hi MH
Thank you for the additional info. Well we can get married in Germany but it takes more time. And the problem is... mynpartner is not a legal residence in germany. Hebis illegal andbif we go here in germany am sure theres a lot of investigation. And i dont want to put my boyfriend in risk....’most specially now we are living together for 2 years more.

What i want to know at the moment is the place where we can get married easily and quickly that may allow an illegal partner without that further investigation.

Thank you so much

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 12.03.2018 09:20:21

Denmark is NOT an option. Illegal persons who wish to marry in Denmark need to seek dispensation from the law. Dispensation is only granted when people have been living in Denmark for several years.

SM1764

Indlæg af SM1764 » 12.03.2018 09:34:54

Thank yoy skaanebo....
So its not an option. Thank you so mch.... hope we can find an another way to resolve iur problem. Coz it makes me stress and i dont want to lost everything we started.....thanks a lot....

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 12.03.2018 13:24:10

There will be "investigations" no matter where you turn to get married. Besides a valid passport your bf also needs to have a document from the Philippines that he is not married already. If he doesn't have it now, he would need to have a family member arrange for it back home.

So what you need to research is: 1. Which countries allow illegal persons to marry? Denmark is out on this reason but I know for a fact that you can marry in France and Sweden. There might be other countries as well. 2. Which countries will allow a Phillipine citizen to enter into a mariage when the Phillippines won't recognise the marriage as legal? I'm clueless to this. And 3rdly you need to consider how to move across borders if your research comes up with a result. Sweden, for instance, has imposed a border control so it will not be easy to enter Sweden coming from Germany as an illegal person.

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Indlæg af mh1 » 12.03.2018 13:27:33

From what I have heard, Germany does not investigate the residence status of foreigners when they marry. It is hearsay, though. But if it is true, he can apply for a spousal visa as soon as you are married.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

SM1764

Indlæg af SM1764 » 12.03.2018 16:30:36

Skanebo.... you are very kind and understanding.... thank you so much for the info and they are all very helpful. Thank you for the guide.

I will check france. Because this country is closer to germany and doesnt have any border control. And you are right sweden is risky. Thank you so much for the kind messages and i fo. I can start now looking the details of each country.

SM1764

Indlæg af SM1764 » 12.03.2018 16:40:28

MH

Yhank you for the message. Here in germany people can get married here. But the problem is my nationality is Dutch and i am not a german passport. We have some friends get married here and they are german nationality. Same sex is allowed to get married here in germany. But our case is different.

If we get married here. They will investigate us for a living, our relationship, my boyfriend status. For me nonproblem but my boyfriend is the big problem. They need to check his documents and i am afraid to do that for him.

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 12.03.2018 18:37:06

You might want to check the laws of the Netherlands as well. It might be easier for you as you speak the language.

SM1764

Indlæg af SM1764 » 12.03.2018 19:20:31

Skaanebo

Nice suggestion. Maybe we will check netherlands also.... thank you so much... you are so kind....

Besvar