Are you a Dane who is married to a foreigner?

Her kan du som journalist, studerende el.lign. søge efter medlemmer som vil deltage i undersøgelser, artikler, programmer m.v.

Redaktører: ZB, AUG Board

Besvar
Biwa

Are you a Dane who is married to a foreigner?

Indlæg af Biwa » 17.02.2011 21:31:21

Hi,

I'm looking to interview Danes who are married with foreigners and finding it difficult to get past the immigration points system for an Australian radio story. How are you dealing with the changes? Are you hopeful that the upcoming election might result in an easing of the immigration laws? I look forward to hearing from you soon. Feel free to call me on (+45) 5023 2653 if you are willing to be interviewed. Thank you, Biwa

fundiver199

Re: Are you a Dane who is married to a foreigner?

Indlæg af fundiver199 » 18.02.2011 07:40:44

Hi Biwa

Please be awere that the much discussed "point system" for getting a residence permit in Denmark has not become law yet. A law proposal has been send into hearing, and the hearing deadline is this coming monday. The law will then be put forward in parliament (Folketinget) in week 9 after which the normal procedure of Folketinget will be followed.

Please be aware also, that there is another "point system" for making your temporary residence permit a permanent one, so that you can not be expelled from Denmark, even if your situation change (e.g. divorce).

This has introduced in march 2010 and has also been discussed in the danish media lately, because only 5 out of almost 400 applicants have been able to meet the demands until now.

Part of this story is, that you need 15 point for being a "participating citizen" (medborgerskab), and to get this you either need to be a board member in an organization (which of course most danes aren´t themselves) or to pass a test, which does not exist yet :!:

The fact that the politicians are so extreme, that the put such a requerement into place without even waiting, until the test is ready, is quite telling and maybe interesting from a journalistic point of view.

Besvar