Family reunification and divorce, possibilities for staying in Denmark

Her diskuterer vi praktiske og juridiske forhold omkring skilsmisser samt muligheden for, at en ægtefællesammenført kan blive i Danmark efter en skilsmisse

Redaktører: ZB, AUG Board

Besvar
Jose08

Family reunification and divorce, possibilities for staying in Denmark

Indlæg af Jose08 » 20.02.2023 15:41:12

Hey there !

I am a non-Eu citizen currently living in Denmark on a family reunification permit under Danish law. I am married to a Danish citizen and have a three year old son, also a Danish citizen. I have lived in Denmark since 2012, but left in 2016 for some time and came back and hacen been here since 2017. I came as a student, completed both bachelor and masters degree, and work full time until some months ago that I went down to part time, to be more home with my son. My partner and I decided to separate and therefore I write to ask advice about wha my possibilities are to stay in Denmark. We have a good relationship with my partner and I am also very engaged with my son. And we plan to share 50/50 the time of the week we each have him. I have always had a job since I have been living here, and passed the two Danish exams required for the family reunification permit. If anyone could tell me a little bit about what my possibilities are. Like for example what are the chances I could get a residence permit through my son.
Thank you !

Jose08

Re: Family reunification and divorce, possibilities for staying in Denmark

Indlæg af Jose08 » 22.02.2023 16:42:59

Thank you for your answer and for the link!

I currently still have my family reunification permit, and we have not divorced or ended cohabitation. Would you recommend that I apply already now? Or that I inform US that we plan on ending cohabitation first and then apply?

Jose08

Re: Family reunification and divorce, possibilities for staying in Denmark

Indlæg af Jose08 » 22.02.2023 17:54:30

Jens P. Kloster skrev:
21.02.2023 14:15:26
You can stay in Denmark due to your Danish child. You do not have to fulfill the ordinary conditions for a residence permit. You can read all about it here: https://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-GB/Applyin ... howtoapply
Thank you for your answer and for the link!

I currently still have my family reunification permit, and we have not divorced or ended cohabitation. Would you recommend that I apply already now? Or that I inform US that we plan on ending cohabitation first and then apply?

Besvar