Divorce - and marry someone else, and baby coming

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
Liva

Divorce - and marry someone else, and baby coming

Indlæg af Liva » 20.03.2019 15:50:01

Hello

My situation is a little bit complicated so i hope that you will be able to help me maybe :)

So i am married - mostly marriage where we became both just friends and we know and accept it.

We both see other people. We are married since 4 years.

He is Danish, i am not, and i am not European.

I am here in Denmark on the ground of family reunification.

Thing is i am pregnant of the person i am seeing.

And we do want to be married.

So how to do that without having the immigration throwing me out with my unborn baby.

I was thinking about getting a divorce which should be fast right considering we both agree on it. We will just apply on common ground like no adultery on anything like it. i know that it takes about 2-3 weeks for getting a divorce and maybe something about a publication that i didn't understand which should take 2-3 months ??? do you know ???

Then applying for sg4 form right after applying for divorce so that it doesn't change my status here in Denmark while waiting.

When divorce is approved to apply for marriage and then to get married to the baby daddy and applying for reunification.

But the question is will Immigration not find it shady that i get married right after my divorce even if im the one asking for it?

Do they take my date of divorce in consideration ? do they take in consideration that i am the one asking for a divorce and not my soon ex to be husband? maybe it makes a difference.

As you see pretty complicated.

I hope someone will be able to help me really :)

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Re: Divorce - and marry someone else, and baby coming

Indlæg af mh1 » 20.03.2019 17:23:35

The model you describe has been used before, but it has become more and more difficult to get and renew residence permit.

What are the special reasons why you think you should be given a new residence permit after divorce?

Do you have a job, that you have had for at least two years? Are you especially well integrated in Denmark? Do you have a medical condition that you cannot expect to be treated for in your home country?

Instead of applying for this, or at least simultaneously, you should apply for family reunion with your new spouse, as it should be possible to get married before your present permit is revoked.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

Liva

Indlæg af Liva » 20.05.2019 13:36:25

Here is the situation:

Yeah i have a job since 2 years and a half. No i do not have any medical condition.

How long after divorcing can you remarry in denmark, of course we both agree to divorce, but how long does it take to get a divorce and how long after can i re-apply to get married right after?

mh skrev:
20.03.2019 17:23:35
The model you describe has been used before, but it has become more and more difficult to get and renew residence permit.

What are the special reasons why you think you should be given a new residence permit after divorce?

Do you have a job, that you have had for at least two years? Are you especially well integrated in Denmark? Do you have a medical condition that you cannot expect to be treated for in your home country?

Instead of applying for this, or at least simultaneously, you should apply for family reunion with your new spouse, as it should be possible to get married before your present permit is revoked.

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Indlæg af mh1 » 20.05.2019 16:54:24

I don’t know how long it will take to get divorced, but you can apply to get married the same day, if you get your divorce document with you. Presumably you will have to go to an office in person, because the authorities want to make certain that foreign citizens know what is going on, so nobody gets a ‘surprise divorce’.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

Besvar