Healthcare access for Family Reunification under EU Law

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
Juli

Healthcare access for Family Reunification under EU Law

Indlæg af Juli » 16.07.2018 16:26:07

Hi all,

Hope you can help me as I'm absolutely lost in this mess.

My husband (Danish Citizen) and I (a third national) have recently returned to Denmark after living together for 2 years in the UK.

We've applied today for my residency card at the State Administration and been told that the process will take over half a year, during which I am not allowed to work and have no access to the Danish Healthcare. In addition, due to the fact that my husband has moved back to Denmark due to his father's illness 2 month earlier than me, our application might be rejected as a whole.

These are not the terms and conditions we've experienced last time we've moved to Denmark under the EU law (we used to live in Iceland as well), and are very concerned about the prospects of staying in Denmark for over half a year without the ability to work or access basic healthcare.

Since I am also not allowed to use my Blue Healthcare card in Denmark as a third nation, I'm really worried. I have a chronic disease that requires a prescription medication and at the moment I have no healthcare anywhere in the world. Absolutely lost what to do about this sort of situation. Any advice?

Thanx,
Julia

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Re: Healthcare access for Family Reunification under EU Law

Indlæg af mh1 » 17.07.2018 13:21:43

The process is different, when you did not arrive together, and the State Administration has a right to examine whether your move has or has not been “ submitted as a natural part of the Danish national’s return to Denmark“

“It is not a requirement that the foreign family member enters Denmark at the same time as the Danish national. If the foreign family member, however, only applies for family reunification pursuant to EU rules at a later date than the date of the Danish national’s return to Denmark, the State Administration will assess whether the application submitted by the family member can be regarded as having been submitted as a natural part of the Danish national’s return to Denmark.”
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

Juli

Indlæg af Juli » 17.07.2018 14:12:10

So what are the grounds for them to examine that? We've told them that my husband had a very sick father who required his help while I had to sort out the move + finish my job, to which they said, it is probably not an excuse so you will be rejected... So what is an excuse? What ground do they have to say it so upfront and limit the reasonable amount of time for 2 working adults to move to a week?

Also, how is that legal that under EU law, even while I wait, I am restricted from accessing the healthcare in the country? So I cannot live in the UK anymore coz I need to be here for the application, and I cannot use healthcare here. How is it possible?

Thanx,
Julia

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 17.07.2018 17:25:56

Your husband could have visited his sick father without changing his address. Moving alone to Denmark was not a wise move.

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Indlæg af mh1 » 18.07.2018 23:11:54

You WILL be able to go to a doctor to get your prescription medicine, but you will have to pay for the consultation, and full price for your medicine.

As tough as it is, you should wait for an official answer to your application. What you have been told may or may not be correct, but nobody but your case handler knows what the outcome will be.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

Besvar