Family reunification " cohabitation rules"

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
Bhen657

Family reunification " cohabitation rules"

Indlæg af Bhen657 » 30.06.2018 10:06:13

Hello I was wondering if anyone has or had a similar experience. I am from non eu country and my partner is a danish. We met while in Australia and moved in together. We have since visited each others countries twice for a over a month each time and then went on to live in Nz for 7 months after that. We have documents from both places we lived saying we lived together but she never changed her address in her Danish account. We have read that they can deny you on not having a valid address if it was not changed even though you have the paper work. Has any one been in a similar situation?

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Re: Family reunification " cohabitation rules"

Indlæg af mh1 » 30.06.2018 18:00:27

I have not, but a Danish citizen is required by law to notify the ‘folkeregister’ if the person leaves Denmark for a longer period than 6 months. The person will then be registered as having emigrated. The person may apply for permission to remain registered, but not for an indefinite period of time.

If your girlfriend did not apply for and obtain residence permit for NZ, it will not count, neither will the visits, as the are exactly that: visits.

Some have succeeded in getting an around the World travel, where they could prove to have travelled together all the time, approved, but that was years ago. I am sceptical as to the chance of success nowadays.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

Bhen657

Indlæg af Bhen657 » 05.07.2018 20:34:18

Thanks for the reply! We both had one year work and travel visas for nz and Australia and also letters from both of our landlords stating we lived together. I was more worried that they would declare it invalid because she didn't change her address here in dk.

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Indlæg af mh1 » 06.07.2018 09:05:29

You can apply, and should the result be negative there is the good ol’ solution: get married.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

Besvar