Extention of Family Reunification under New Rules 2018

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
cmind

Extention of Family Reunification under New Rules 2018

Indlæg af cmind » 10.02.2018 20:07:11

Hi,

Under the new rules its mentioned that its mandatory for me (i.e. husband) to finish PD3 in order to apply for partners (wife's) familiesammenføring visa ?

We need to apply for EXTENTION of familiesammenføring next month, so my questions are

1) I am naturalised Danish citizen which means i got citizenship here few years back. Does this new rule of PD3 requirement applies to us eventhough i am now Danish citizen and eventhough we are already living here ?

2) Is PD3 requirement for first time visa applicants or for both first time + extentions ?

3) If i dont do PD3 and apply ,,,,,will they simply reject the visa extention eventhough we have a kid (danish citizen) together and lived for 5-6 years in Denmark ?

Any info will be great as nyidanmark website is not yet updated with new rules introduced just few days back.

BR

evc

Re: Extention of Family Reunification under New Rules 2018

Indlæg af evc » 12.02.2018 11:12:08

From my understanding they are not changing the requirements for extension of the residence permit for those already reunified.

The extension requires you to meet the requirements in place when you submitted your application. It is not retroactive.
For at få forlænget din opholdstilladelse skal både du, som er ansøger, og din ægtefælle/samlever opfylde visse løbende betingelser. Det vil sige betingelser, som skulle være opfyldt, da du fik din første opholdstilladelse, og som stadig skal være opfyldt, når du søger om forlængelse.
https://www.nyidanmark.dk/da/Du-vil-for ... t-samlever

But you are right. Having caution never killed anyone.
Senest rettet af evc 12.02.2018 15:26:06, rettet i alt 1 gang.

ms_worry

Indlæg af ms_worry » 12.02.2018 12:22:30

hi evc

1) do you think the new rules will be retroactive? (for example: be effective from the date when the bill is presented to parliament.)

2) since government and 2 parties agreed on them, Normally will the bill be adopted by parliament?

thanks

evc

Indlæg af evc » 12.02.2018 15:35:18

1) No.
2) Yes. I do believe they will become law.

But again: even if your partner apply for extension after the new rules come into place, you will be subject to the ones valid back when you applied. If you got family reunification back in 2007, the requirements from 2007 are the ones counting, not the new ones - unless something more specific is agreed between the parties. So just relax.

cmind

Indlæg af cmind » 13.02.2018 18:26:07

Thanks for info and quite relieving.

Besides i called Udlændingstyrelsen about it; they said its just in first stage and legislation, then law as thrid stage, are still pending.
She hinted that she may not know what exactly they will put in to law as required conditions; but she mentioned that EXTENSION applicants shouldn't be worried so much :-) which is good thing to hear and its mainly for first-time applicants.

I even got the same confirmation from advokat specialized in familiesammenføring.

Overall, nobody knows exactly the conditions for the rules of 2018; however its certain that these rules will be passed and made into law in near future.
So 2018 New Rules of Familiesammenføring mainly for FIRST-time applications and its certain. They may not apply for EXTENSION applicants.

Besvar