situation changing after basis of FR

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
Yels25

situation changing after basis of FR

Indlæg af Yels25 » 26.01.2018 09:58:06

Hello there..

I am new here and been browsing your page and it's just now Im brave enough to ask advice from the group.

Me, together with my daughter fr a previous relationship has been living here in DK for 5 years already. Was married to a Dane for 4.5 years but recently got divorced. Soon as I got our divorce final, I called the US and asked what necessary steps should I do in order for me and my daughter's temp residence not be revoked or simply put, what should I do now? The person I talked to said nothing to worry just be integrated and the likes, and we will contact you. They could see in the system that I am already divorced so I assumed that a letter will be sent for me to answer.

It's been 5 months since the divorce and I never heard from US so I decided to call again and state my situation, the person I talked to was surprised why I havent filled out a form (SG4 and FA4-5) yet to apply to continue our stay here. I have researched and SG4 is the application if you like to cntinue your residence after your status has been family reunification has been changed.

Just LAST YEAR I have filed both application for me and my daughter, the problem is I havent been working here steadily (just part time) as my ex husband prevents me from working, but I have my own savings, I passed the Danish Lang Test 1 and currently, living with my new husband (danish, we are married for a year already). My daughter has been studying here since 0 grade and she is in 5th grade now. She is very much Danish than from the country we come from and I will be heartbroken if she gets uprooted here bec culturally and in terms of upbringing, she is danish.

Is there a chance that our application to stay here ("situation is changing" SG4) will be granted? We did not apply for family reunification at that time bec we were not married yet and my current temp residency is expiring.

Has anyone experienced getting a divorce and was still granted a residency here in DK? It is a struggle for me to find a job but everyday I am applying.

Im really anxious about everything now and hoping we dont get denied. I need your advice and insights. Thank you!

evc

Re: situation changing after basis of FR

Indlæg af evc » 26.01.2018 12:09:09

If you married again, why don't you just send another family reunification application?

By the way, you can have 2 applications going at the same time - even two permits, if you will.

Yels25

Indlæg af Yels25 » 26.01.2018 17:13:13

I was never informed about that. I did not know that you can have two applications at the same time.
But isn't it too much for fees? Will it affect anything?

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Indlæg af mh1 » 26.01.2018 17:17:48

Better safe than sorry. Money is less important than your permit, right?
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

Yels25

Indlæg af Yels25 » 26.01.2018 17:22:27

I understand of course.

But in what circumstances that an SG4 application could be rejected?

THank you for your answers.

Besvar