xxxxxx

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
ms_worry

xxxxxx

Indlæg af ms_worry » 24.01.2018 23:28:05

god dag
Senest rettet af ms_worry 25.04.2023 17:01:11, rettet i alt 4 gange.

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Re: separation, divorce, and remarry

Indlæg af mh1 » 25.01.2018 08:58:35

1) if he directly informs US about my moving out, how soon will I get letter from US telling me to leave dk?
That can take a while. They know that people surprisingly often reconcile.

2) if he doesn't contact US, but fills "petition for legal separation" in my new address, how soon will I get such letter from US?
You will not get the letter until you have actually divorced (has been practice until now, at least).

3) once divorce is done, how soon will I get such letter from US? how long will be the grace period to stay in dk legally before the deadline of my leaving?
It has been known to take several months, but mostly in cases where there are children.

4) if I plan to remarry in dk. for example I receive such a letter from US on 1st Feb telling me to leave dk no later than 28 Feb. Am I allowed to register new marriage only BEFORE 1st Feb? what kind of special document is needed for marriage registration during the grace period?
You of course cannot re-marry until you are divorced. You can apply as soon as the ink on the divorce paper is dry, and probably get married within a couple of weeks. There is no special document for your situation. What you need is your ID and the divorce paper.

5) If I appeal against US' decision of revoking my residence permit, can I stay in dk and work legally while waiting for the final decision? Will I be covered by the public health care system?
On what grounds would you appeal? If you have no legally valid reason to believe that the decision is wrong, an appeal will be rejected swiftly and mercilessly.

6) Are all above decisions from authorities send by post mail or e-bok?
Probably both.

7) what is the risk for him for not reporting my moving out?
Probably not great. I have not heard anything about huge fines.

BUT - You say you have ‘your office address’ at your hitherto home. If you have a business of your own, you could perhaps use this: https://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-GB/You-wan ... retainment
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

mh1
Kontakt:

Indlæg af mh1 » 25.01.2018 09:01:04

PS if you can use the retainment rules, apply a.s.a.p. - you can apply for one kind of residence permit, while you still have another, valid.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

ms_worry

Indlæg af ms_worry » 25.01.2018 11:42:48

mh, thank you so much for the prompt reply.
Senest rettet af ms_worry 25.04.2023 16:57:33, rettet i alt 1 gang.

mh1
Kontakt:

Indlæg af mh1 » 25.01.2018 16:33:54

You DO NOT get any ‘grace period’. Your present permit is valid until actively revoked.

Until your permit is revoked, you have valid residence and can re-marry.

If you appeal the revoking of your permit without any reason whatsoever, you will promptly receive a negative answer, perhaps within as little as two weeks. Also, you may very well be told in the letter informing you of the revoking that an appeal WILL NOT give you any right to stay, and be given a ‘latest day to leave’. If you do not leave DK at that date or before, you will be barred from obtaining Schengen visa for up to several years.

If you fail to disclose information, which you when you applied for residence permit pledged to disclose by signing the application, you may be fined, or even sentenced to prison. While the authorities may be lenient with your spouse, they mare be strict with you, as your motive for withholding the information is purely selfish.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

ms_worry

xxxxxx

Indlæg af ms_worry » 25.01.2018 22:07:07

hi mh,

thanks again!
Senest rettet af ms_worry 25.04.2023 16:58:37, rettet i alt 1 gang.

evc

Indlæg af evc » 26.01.2018 07:20:12

I'd assume you are allowed to stay in the country until the day they say in the letter you have to leave. As mh said, don't expect to gain time with an appeal. Even if you do appeal, Udlændingestyrelsen has made a decision. Until the appeal is accepted, which can take months, their decision is still valid. Which means you have to leave even if you have appealed.

Don't expect them to give you so many days to leave the country. If they make the decision, you have to live within a couple of days. They don't care how long it takes you to get the letter. They will send it on the 10th of March, for example, you'll receive it on the 12th and you'll have to leave on the 17th. It's extremely fast.

Whatever are your plans, start them now. That's my advice.

mh1
Kontakt:

Indlæg af mh1 » 26.01.2018 17:15:13

1) It is revoked on the date of decision, i.e. 31st of January. You may not get a whole month to leave, mind you.

2) No. That kind of indirect information to an in that resect impertinent authority does NOT count as informing the US. You should send mail or letter to US.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

Besvar