Moving to Sweden

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
LasseA1992

Moving to Sweden

Indlæg af LasseA1992 » 02.11.2017 11:55:14

Hello guys,

I'm new on here, but find it that it's nice to interact with someone in simular situation, for advice and encouragement etc. :)

Me and my wife is currently trying to move to Sweden, as we've been apart for a good 6 months now. I found a lot of good advice on here already, but just wondered if anyone would have any warnings etc. in my current situation.

I'm 25 and my wife is 27 and we met in Denmark about 3 years ago now and we were settled in my apartment in Denmark. At that point we applied for family reunification in Denmark, but got denied, as I had received govermental support 2 years and 10 months ago - should had been 3 years to get accepted.

It kind of ruined a lot for us, as we had to spend a lot of money for her to travel back, support her there and I went visiting her (She's from the Phillippines).

Should be added that I'm danish.

Then we went on to apply for her to come visit me, as we wouldn't be able to afford family reunification here in Denmark as of now anyway - that of course got denied aswell.

So now we planned to cancel my appartment here in Denmark and get an address for me in Sweden and later on, hopefully my own apartment.

My plan was for now to invite her to visit me and then hopefully in the future, as I get an apartment I would be able to apply for family reunification.

I'm looking for advice as I'm not able to find any apartment for now - searching through friends, facebook, private persons, companies in Sweden.

Would it be enough for me to rent part of an apartment or share an apartment with someone else, to invite her up here - as for now I just really look to be with her.

Any links or suggestions of where to search or just generel warning and advices would be very appriciated :)

skaanebo

Re: Moving to Sweden

Indlæg af skaanebo » 02.11.2017 12:13:37

If you intend to use EU laws a shared place to stay is enough.

The difficulty of finding housing depends where in Sweden you seek to live. Outside the big cities is much easier than in the city centres.

LasseA1992

Re: Moving to Sweden

Indlæg af LasseA1992 » 02.11.2017 13:03:13

Yeah I know :/ Just I study in Copenhagen, so I need to find something within 2-3 hours of Copenhagen.

I went to see some places with a traveling distance of 2,5 hours. Without luck though :/

Besvar