Family reunited under Danish rule and thinking of moving to another EU country

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
Da3Li4

Family reunited under Danish rule and thinking of moving to another EU country

Indlæg af Da3Li4 » 16.09.2017 19:36:53

Hi

I am an Asian woman who is married to a Danish man. We have family reunification under Danish law and have been living in Denmark for several years. We are thinking to move to another EU country since now higher education is not counted as full time employment so it is more difficult for me to get PR in Denmark before I join the job market. There are also other benefits that I read about being Family Reunited under EU law. Since now I have opholdskort in Denmark, and saving plus education, I have some questions regarding our plan.

When we move to another EU country, I will still have my opholdskort in Denmark, so:
1. Should we find a place to live first in another EU country, before taking my name off Borger.dk? Since if I take off my name on borger.dk before we move, that would mean I no longer have lawful resident in Europe?
2. Saving account, my husband will still have his saving acc in Denmark since he is still be working in Denmark, but what about me? Should I take out all of my money from Danish bank and move all to the other EU country we move to? This process will be a bit troublesome as we are planning to move back to DK, and then I have to convert the money back to Danish kroner. But can I keep my Danish bank acc? Will this move be seen as I am not planning to move fully to another EU country?
3. How do you guys find apartments in another EU country? Say Sweden or Germany, when they require credit report before renting the apartment? Something that we do not have in Denmark.
4. I assume that when we move to another EU country I will no longer be eligible to have Danish education, if I take my name off of the school, can I just continue my education when we are back in Denmark? And will I be eligible for SU again as soon as we are back in DK?
5. Other than borger.dk which other institutions must I take my name off? I guess my husband also need to take his name off of the kommune since we will no longer be working in Denmark.

Our plan is:
Get an apartment in Germany/Sweden, something that he can commute to work few days a week, as he needs to teach in university.
Apply for resident permit in that EU country
Get bank account
Get phone and internet acc for me (my husband will still be using his Danish telephone number)
Take my name off borger.dk, Danish telephone co., kommune, skat ...

Can anyone help me to answer the questions? What else should we do? Does anyone have been in our situation?

We are still laying our plans and find what's best.

På forhånd tak!

Best regard,

Familien Jens

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Re: Family reunited under Danish rule and thinking of moving to another EU country

Indlæg af mh1 » 17.09.2017 16:08:49

Q: 1. Should we find a place to live first in another EU country, before taking my name off Borger.dk? Since if I take off my name on borger.dk before we move, that would mean I no longer have lawful resident in Europe?

A: You have legal residence if you move with your EU-spouse. DO find the other place to live, though, as your spouse will NOT be an EU-citizen using his right of free movement, unless he actually moves and registers. THEN you inform the authorities that you moved (as you are obliged to do within 5 - five days after moving), and you really should do, in order to prove that you seriously meant to move.

Q: 2. Saving account, my husband will still have his saving acc in Denmark since he is still be working in Denmark, but what about me? Should I take out all of my money from Danish bank and move all to the other EU country we move to? This process will be a bit troublesome as we are planning to move back to DK, and then I have to convert the money back to Danish kroner. But can I keep my Danish bank acc? Will this move be seen as I am not planning to move fully to another EU country?

A: No, neither of you need to change banks. You should, however, get an account in the country you move to. If Sweden, then you can probably (depending on bank) ask your current bank to make an account for you in Sweden. If Germany, you probably can't, as far as I know no Danish bank has branches in Germany. Then you may open an account in Postbank, Commerzbank or any other bank which is easily accessible AND not 'money-less' (I have an account in Commerzbank, the nearest branch of which is 'money-less', which is a bother!). The advantage of Postbank is that ALL branches will have cash, as they are at the same time postoffice.

Q: 3. How do you guys find apartments in another EU country? Say Sweden or Germany, when they require credit report before renting the apartment? Something that we do not have in Denmark.

A: For Germany you can try this: https://kiel.homecompany.de/de/sucherge ... Radius]=50 (I looked uå Schleswig just to see whether there is any). If you offer to pay up front for three months, or how ever long you are planning to stay, you will most likely not also need a credit report.
For Sweden, once you open a bank account, you can get your credit report from them.

Q: 4. I assume that when we move to another EU country I will no longer be eligible to have Danish education, if I take my name off of the school, can I just continue my education when we are back in Denmark? And will I be eligible for SU again as soon as we are back in DK?

A: No, you can't attend school. Take a furlough, do not quit altogether. The SU - it depends on whether the government goes forward with their plan to make the right to SU dependent on whether you have lived 7 of the last 8 years in DK. This rule will apply to Danish and foreign nationals alike. But is not yet in force, hopefully will not come it either.

Q: 5. Other than borger.dk which other institutions must I take my name off? I guess my husband also need to take his name off of the kommune since we will no longer be working in Denmark.

A: See answer 1. You do not need to take your name off of any other institutions, just 'folkeregisteret' but BOTH of you. The information will automatically go to tax etc. You may keep your Danish phone number, if it is a cell phone, but get at least a pre-paid German/Swedish number as well.

Let your husband read the instructions here: http://www.aegteskabudengraenser.dk/raa ... U-reglerne

Your plan looks fine.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

Da3Li4

Re: Family reunited under Danish rule and thinking of moving to another EU country

Indlæg af Da3Li4 » 20.09.2017 08:46:33

HI mh

Thank you very much for detailed answer!!! I have read the link on ÆUG that you gave on Q No. 5, but your explanation is very thorough. I could not see the rule where you have to let the authorities know that you are moving within 5 days after your move, but I'll try to look some more later.

Thank you!!!

Best,

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 20.09.2017 08:53:44

The 5 day rule is purely Danish law and each country may have its own law on this. However using EU law you are required to register with the authorities within 90 days of your arrival in another country.

Da3Li4

Indlæg af Da3Li4 » 20.09.2017 11:39:30

skaanebo skrev:
20.09.2017 08:53:44
The 5 day rule is purely Danish law and each country may have its own law on this. However using EU law you are required to register with the authorities within 90 days of your arrival in another country.
Ah no wonder, will do then. Thanks Skaanebo. Now, we are still looking at options of housing both in Malmo and Flensburg. We are still thinking which one is best, both cities are quite faraway for my husband's commute, as he works in Odense. Quite challenging, but I saw some post on FB group that if we indeed choose Malmo, we won't be the only couple who need to commute from Malmo-Odense :roll:

mh1
Kontakt:

Indlæg af mh1 » 20.09.2017 14:31:54

Although commuting between Flensburg and Odense is reasonably easy (there are some direct trains) the Flensburgian ‘Ausländerbehörde’ is notorious for its stubborn refusal to recognize the EU-rules.

Swedish authorities are, however, also getting fed up with all the Danish couples who move in order to avail themselves of the family reunion rules, only to disappear before they make any contribution to the Swedish community.

It will probably be easier to find a place to stay in/around Flensburg than in Malmö. Check both of them out, you are, as far as I understand, in no rush.

BTW - your husband only has to sleep 4 out of every 7 nights in Sweden/Germany, so if he can find himself a ‘pendlerværelse’ (commuter room) to rent, he can catch a bit more rest.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

Da3Li4

Indlæg af Da3Li4 » 07.11.2017 18:32:37

Swedish authorities are, however, also getting fed up with all the Danish couples who move in order to avail themselves of the family reunion rules, only to disappear before they make any contribution to the Swedish community.

It will probably be easier to find a place to stay in/around Flensburg than in Malmö. Check both of them out, you are, as far as I understand, in no rush.

BTW - your husband only has to sleep 4 out of every 7 nights in Sweden/Germany, so if he can find himself a ‘pendlerværelse’ (commuter room) to rent, he can catch a bit more rest.
Hi MH, We have decided that we will move to Malmo, I know the opholdskort will take much longer time than Flensburg, but I kind of feel more welcome in Malmo than in Flensburg, since I know no one there. I just found out since I have been living together with my Danish husband for over 4 years in Denmark, I can apply permanent residence card under Swedish rule. My question

1. Is this the application that I should submit?
https://www.migrationsverket.se/English ... dents.html
2. During the waiting period of opholdskort, under both EU rule and Swedish rule (as we are planning to apply both rules), does it mean that I cannot even travel outside Sweden? As I can see that I need to attend several events that takes place in Denmark and in Asia.

Thank you so much for your help!

Best,

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 07.11.2017 18:45:54

2. Yes, you cannot travel anywhere without a valid visa or residence card or residence permit issued by another Schengen state. So if you don't have it, you cannot travel freely within the Schengen zone. You can leave Sweden and go to Asia, but in order to go back to Sweden you will need to apply for a new Schengen visa.

Da3Li4

Indlæg af Da3Li4 » 15.05.2018 08:00:48

Hi guys,

So after months on waiting list on boplatssyd, we finally secured an apartment in Malmö. We have been paying for the apartment for several months now, since we are tied to some stuff in DK and can only move next month. My question is:
- Will this pose as problem? That we have been paying for the apartments both in Malmo and in DK for the last months? (We are planning to include our opsigelse paper and the receipt from Flytning firma when we apply for my resident permit to show them that by the time we apply, we have indeed moved).
- Will my husband's long commute also pose as a problem when he go to skatteverket? (He will commute Malmo-Odense) My husband thought it would not be a problem, as he has colleague who commute from Aalborg-Odense almost everyday. His work will require him to be in Odense some days, but not every day.
- What is the consequence if we don't register our move to Sweden? as we read on borger.dk when nordic citizen move to another Nordic country, they are not obliged to register their move, but they need to register in the new Nordic country where they live, and as soon as Skatteverket give personnummer to my husband, the information then shared to borger.dk, so they will register his move automatically.

We are planning to go to Migrationsverket and Skatteverket within the first week of our move to Malmo.

Thanks again for all of your kind support, you have been helping us!

Best,

mh1
Kontakt:

Indlæg af mh1 » 15.05.2018 19:36:33

The consequence of your Danish husband’s not registering his move in DK can be that he will find that the Swedish authorities did not inform the Danish (happened before), which will be a bother in several ways, also in terms of taxes.

It is a long commute, but if your husband is careful about registering his movements, do most of the shopping in Sweden and remember to pay with credit or debit card, and you all in all behave as if this is your life from now and the forseeable future, it should not be a problem proof-wise.

It should’nt pose any problem that you secured the Swedish apartment well before moving - on the contrary, it shows that you are serious about moving.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

Besvar