Apply for residence permit in Sweden: steps list

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
colombianboy

Apply for residence permit in Sweden: steps list

Indlæg af colombianboy » 20.07.2017 10:34:05

Hi all,
We're going to apply for residence permit under the swedish rules and residence card under the EU rules.

Does anybody can help us with this questions?

1. Which company to hire a private comprehensive insurance do you recommend to meet with the EU-rules requirements?
2. Which documents are enough to prove the right to live in Sweden as a family member of EU-citizen / Nordic citizen in the tax agency?
3. Is it true that if the tax agency aproves the registration and we can get a personal number I can work and study inmediately?
4. What is the first step? go to the migration office or register in the tax agency (my husband is Danish).
5. We're going to share an apartment in Malmö, which information must contain in the rental contract to be valid for the authorities?
6. My husband will continue working in Copenhagen and commute everyday. What does he need to change besides the registration of residence in the tax agency?.

I really appreciatte your help. there's so many information on the forum but so much is confusing.

skaanebo

Re: Apply for residence permit in Sweden: steps list

Indlæg af skaanebo » 20.07.2017 10:43:52

1. No such insurance company exits. You cannot buy any insurance that covers unlimited amounts in any insurance company. You can only get that kind of insurance from the public insurance that you will get if you work in either Sweden or Denmark.

3. Yes.

4. Your Danish husband needs to be registered in Sweden (at the tax office) before you can do anything. Then you can both go to the Migration Board, and then afterwards you can register at the tax office.

5. The rental contract you make with the current tenants that you will share the apartment with. It's called "inneboende" in Swedish. So you need a rental contract for "inneboende".

6. Your husband will need the yellow health insurance card and the blue health insurance card from Udbetaling Danmark. He can only get it once he has moved his address to Sweden. This will enable him to use the health system in both Sweden and Denmark. If you don't work in Sweden, you will be able to be covered under your husband's public health insurance too. That means you must get the blue health insurance card from Udbetaling Danmark too. Again, you can only obtain it once your husband has registered his address in Sweden.

colombianboy

Indlæg af colombianboy » 20.07.2017 11:55:58

Hi skaanebo, firstly thank you very much for the information. now I have more questions:

Regarding this answer
Your husband will need the yellow health insurance card and the blue health insurance card from Udbetaling Danmark. He can only get it once he has moved his address to Sweden. This will enable him to use the health system in both Sweden and Denmark.
1. My husband have the yellow card and the blue card from Denmark, but before getting married with me. So as I've understood he needs request again for these cards once he got registered in Sweden?
If you don't work in Sweden, you will be able to be covered under your husband's public health insurance too. That means you must get the blue health insurance card from Udbetaling Danmark too. Again, you can only obtain it once your husband has registered his address in Sweden.
2. I'm not working in Sweden, I'm staying in Sweden under the 90-days free visa schengen exception. How can we get the blue health insurance card from Udbetaling Danmark if I don't have CPR number in Denmark?

Thanks again for answer

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 20.07.2017 12:05:04

Your husband will need new cards with his new address in Sweden on the cards.

You do not need any personal number in order to get the blue card from Udbetaling Danmark. You simply need to be living in Sweden as your husband's spouse and not working.

colombianboy

Indlæg af colombianboy » 21.07.2017 20:05:43

Ok, today we've tried to login to borger.dk but the nem-id login was broken.

I have read about the processing times for Udbetaling Danmark and is about 8-12 weeks. :(
I'm so worried and stress now because my 90 days free visa exception will expire in august the 10th.

Now I understood my husband should register in Skatteverket first in Sweden with his Health Insurance Card, but I'm not sure if I can be registered at the same time because I have to wait for this card.

So I have the following questions:
1. Should I leave EU (Schengen Area) meanwhile this card is issued?
2. There's any way to ask for a temporary electronic version of this card by email?
3. Maybe hire a private insurance for some time then change to public insurance when the card is ready is possible? I have read about hire some private insurance (so expensive) like Cygna o Globality or Morgan Price. their conditions meet with this requirements:
  • it should compensate necessary healthcare up to a value of at least SEK 10 million,
    or it should correspond to the statutory health insurance in the EU or EEA nation of which you are a citizen or moved from,
    or it may cover necessary healthcare for a lower amount than SEK 10 million but, in that case, the insurance should pay for your homeward journey for continued care in your home country.
4. How long does it take to receive answer from Skatteverket?

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 21.07.2017 20:14:59

Your Danish husband doesn't need the blue card for Skatteverket. But it's summer holidays now and so nothing will be processed quickly. As a Danish citizen it shouldn't be difficult to be registered at Skatteverket but due to the holidays it might take a month or two. The reason your husband needs the blue card is only to hand it in along with your application at the Migration Board.

1. If you are sure your husband meets the criteria (working in Denmark and making enough income to provide for the both of you), there is no problem in you remaining in Sweden. Once you hand in the application at the Migration Board, you will instantly have a legal status in Sweden. So it's only a problem if the police stops you after your current visa has expired and before you have managed to hand in the application. So simply avoid the police until you can do that.

2. No, not that I know of.

3. Private insurance won't qualify under EU laws. What you might consider is to extend the current travel insurance you have as a visitor until you have managed to be registered at the tax office.

colombianboy

Indlæg af colombianboy » 22.07.2017 15:40:29

He earns around 20.000 SEK after taxes, is that enough?

My travel insurance from Colombia is about to expire but it only covers up to 30.000 euros and these are the conditions:
Medical Assistance in case of accident € 40,000
Medical Assistance in case of illness € 40,000
Medications € 500
Emergency Dentistry € 230
Chronic or pre-existing diseases € 417
Compensation for loss of luggage € 932
Hotel expenses for convalescence € 370
Expenses for delayed flight € 100
Refund of travel cancellation fees € 1,000
Expenses for an accompanying family member No
Transfer of funds No
Bail Bonds € 15,000
Sanitary Repatriation € 30,000
Funeral Repatriation € 30,000
Assistance for loss of documents € 75
Return by accident at home No
Deductible / Franchising / Copayment No
Transfer of family member by hospitalization Yes
Medical care due to illness and / or accident (Non-European countries) u $ s 50,000
Legal assistance for traffic accident € 2,300
Medical Assistance in case of sports accidents € 5,000
Medical Assistance for Pregnancy € 5,000
Refund of expenses for delayed delivery of luggage € 800
Excess Baggage € 50
Civil liability € 1,000
is that enough to show to the MV and to Skatteverket?

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 22.07.2017 16:04:57

Again, let me repeat:

You cannot buy any medical insurance that will fulfil the requirements by the Migration Board. The only kind of insurance that meets their criteria will be the public health insurance provided by either Sweden or Denmark. You will be covered by the Danish one once your husband has registered his address in Sweden and obtained the blue card from Udbetaling Danmark. You yourself also needs to get the blue card from Udbetaling Danmark.

In the meanwhile it's advisable to get your current travel insurance extended until you have been able to obtain the blue card and been registered at the tax office. Otherwise, if you get ill and need to visit a doctor, you will have to pay for the consultation yourself.

And yes, 20,000 SEK after tax should be sufficient.

colombianboy

Indlæg af colombianboy » 14.08.2017 17:34:16

Retaking this case, my husband did the registration in the tax agency (Skatteverket). But now the agent send a mail letter (we haven't received yet) asking more questions.

Does anybody knows which kind of additional information they request? We would like to be prepared to answer quickly because we're in the hurry to apply to Migration Office.

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 14.08.2017 18:58:56

Questions are probably related to your husband commuting to work in Denmark.

Ramstrup

Indlæg af Ramstrup » 14.08.2017 20:09:25

Please guys My Danish wife want to share one House wih another Girl in Malmö so the contract is INNEBOENDE KONTRAKT and the house fits 4 people
Is it gonna be a problem for me if I apply for residence permit to join one spouse in sweden under Eu-rules ? Knowing that im Non Eu
I heared that My wife should have neither Första-hand contract or Andra-hand contract , is it true ??
Please help me in this im so confused

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 14.08.2017 20:50:17

It's not a problem if you apply under EU laws. Mind you, you need to apply for a residence card, not a residence permit. A permit is only issued under national laws.

Ramstrup

Indlæg af Ramstrup » 15.08.2017 02:32:35

Thx for Answering that :)
One more question
is it gonna be some kind of problem with Migrationverket or Skattverket if this person who has Forsta-hand kontrakt rent me Inneboende Kontrakt but he's not gonna live with us knowing that of course a Contract with Time renting periode and the price ?
And do you advice me to be carfull if he has the permission from the hous owner that he has the right to rent it out
Thx in Advance

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 15.08.2017 08:37:25

If the person doesn't actually live there, you are entering into a sham contract. The authorities might ask questions about the other person's whereabouts and daily activities. So it's not advisable to make a contract with someone who knowingly tries to cheat the law and the authorities.

Ramstrup

Indlæg af Ramstrup » 15.08.2017 22:30:18

Thank you so much about the Answer I just told them that I cancelled this Rent
One more question please
I found one Andra-hand Kontrakt but this Renter who has already Has one Forsta-hand kontakt tells me to give me 20 % of the price in Advance to guarantee that When we are waiting for the Contract permission from the landlord you are not gonna change your mind and you Cancell but I replied him if i want to guarantee also my money and you will turn tour back at me how should we do , he said that me I right all my information with ID number that I give him 20% and He own me the rest and We Sign
So is this step enough to trust and make sure that if he cheat on me i can have my money back ? Or you would suggest something else
Please advice me im Confused

Besvar