Establishment card expiration while waiting for family reunification visa

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
bbaa

Establishment card expiration while waiting for family reunification visa

Indlæg af bbaa » 16.07.2017 17:23:11

Hi guys,

I hope that someone can help me. I got married with my Danish husband February 2017, and applied for the family reunification visa right after. We also live together since Oktober 2016.
On the 1st of March he got a letter from the Immigration service stating that they got the application and we will hear back from them in 3-4 months. We still havent heard anything back from them and its been 5 months already, but I can see now that there has been changes in the processing time of the applications and it might take up to 12 motnhs instead of 5-10.

I have been living in Denmark for almost 4 years already, I have establishment card and I am working, speaking danish too, but my concern is that I wont manage to get my family reunification visa before my establishment card expires in november 2017. So here is my question: Does someone know what can I do if my establishment card expires and I am still waiting on my family visa? I cannot just stop working and put my life on pause. The establishment card does not have a possibility for extension. Thanks in advance

evc

Re: Establishment card expiration while waiting for family reunification visa

Indlæg af evc » 17.07.2017 10:10:17

If you are working, can't you change your establishment card to a working one instead? You can ask for one if you have been working for the same employer for 2 years. Here you have more information.
Senest rettet af evc 17.07.2017 12:54:07, rettet i alt 1 gang.

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Re: Establishment card expiration while waiting for family reunification visa

Indlæg af mh1 » 17.07.2017 11:36:39

"A residence permit under the Establishment scheme can be granted for a period of maximum 2 years, is granted only once and cannot be extended. After having resided in Denmark for 2 years you can apply for a new residence permit using one of the other schemes including as an entrepreneur who wishes to run your own business."

This indicates that you may keep on working while awaiting the outcome of your application if you have a job, because it would be complete nonsense to forbid you to work at the job that is the basis of your application in the first place.

You may apply for a work permit under the rules for retaining foreign labour in DK, as evc suggests, or if applicable you may also apply for a work permit if your current job is on the 'positive list': https://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_ ... erview.htm

It is not forbidden to have two or more applications under process simultaneously, just as it is not forbidden to simultaneously have two or more residence permits based on different bases.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

Besvar