Moving to Sweden: Right to Work and Keep renting in Denmark

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
colombianboy

Moving to Sweden: Right to Work and Keep renting in Denmark

Indlæg af colombianboy » 05.06.2017 12:35:30

We want to move to Sweden with my husband to apply for residence permit under the Swedish Rules, a have a couple a questions:

1. As far as I know after receive an email from Swedish migration office, they say: Since your husband is a Nordic citizen you can also apply for a residence permit based on family ties to a person living in Sweden. If you are married you can submit your application and wait for the decision while in Sweden. You can work and study in Sweden as long as your family member has the right of residence in Sweden. Is is true? can I get a job and work legally in Sweden as soon as I move to there with my husband? I don't have to wait to have the residence permit to apply for a job?

2. My husband has been rented an apartment in Denmark during almost 10 years (so the rent is cheap), we don't want to lose this apartment and pay a lot when we return to live in Denmark, the high costs of rent in Storkøbenhavn is so difficult to afford. But we know that He must change his residence to Sweden to apply for my residence permit, my question is: is it possible to keep paying the rent of this apartment in Denmark and change the residence registration to another apartment in Sweden that we are going to rent?

Any advice would be appreciated

skaanebo

Re: Moving to Sweden: Right to Work and Keep renting in Denmark

Indlæg af skaanebo » 05.06.2017 14:08:38

1. Yes if you hand in 2 applications: one under Swedish rules and one under EU rules.

2. You will need to sublet the apartment in Denmark as a minimum requirement.

colombianboy

Indlæg af colombianboy » 12.06.2017 11:34:41

Ok, we're starting our plan to move to Sweden, I've been interchanging emails with Swedish migration office but they just give very simple answers to my questions.

Now I know that I need to register in Tax Agency (with my husband) in order to apply for a job and be legally hired.

I'm trying to get an explanation because is not clear for me if I can be registered in Tax Agency meanwhile a wait for my residence card or I have to wait to get this card of residence permit to be registered?

Somebody knows about the processing times in this cases for Spouse/Partners of Nordic Citizens?

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 12.06.2017 11:42:10

If you apply for a residence card at the Migration Board under EU laws, you can also be registered at the tax office providing the same kind of documentation.

colombianboy

Indlæg af colombianboy » 06.07.2017 21:40:50

Thank you very much for the information we're now looking for rent an apartment or room in Malmø maybe there's any other advice about how to deal with all the paperwork for Swedish authorities?

Best Regards

Alejandro.

Besvar