My chances to get asylum

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
Jayhamid

My chances to get asylum

Indlæg af Jayhamid » 02.03.2017 20:13:50

Dear sirs or madams
I am a moroccan citizen and am in sweden now . I am thinking to apply for asylum these days . Yes am from a safe country and a touristic country , but my problem and my family problem is with the regime i mean the king . To sum up , 2009. My brother who is a journalist was sentenced of 2 years of jail being accused of respecting the king and i have proofs about everything from mass medias like BBC ,france 24 , aljazeera and from other sources . Since that time we were persecuted by the investigators . Now i got the chance to leave morocco and am now in sweden . My question is :. Do i have any chance to get asylum in sweden ?
Thx in advance for the answers

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Re: My chances to get asylum

Indlæg af mh1 » 02.03.2017 21:04:03

You will have to prove that you personally are being persecuted and are in danger for your life. It does not sound as if you can prove that.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

Jayhamid

Indlæg af Jayhamid » 02.03.2017 23:52:08

Thx for the answer sir . So you mean i have no chances at all ? , I know some guys here from northern africa they said to migrationsverket that they want to apply for asylum as gays and they got asylum without any proof while i have strong proofs

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 03.03.2017 00:23:12

If you break a law, of course you can be prosecuted. That goes for either Morocco or Sweden. And Lèse-majesté can of course be prosecuted.

You ought to show your so-called proof to a lawyer who can give you advice on what to do.

Please note: The longer you remain in Sweden without applying for asylum, the weaker your case. If your life is indeed in danger, you ought to apply immediately when arriving to Sweden. Not 7 or 14 days later. That alone will weaken your case.

Nobody here on this forum can give your any legal advice. Only a lawyer can do that.

Also please note that if you do apply for asylum and your case is rejected, you will risk never again to be able to visit any Schengen country as authorities in the Schengen state will then know that you have misused your current visa. In other words, it can have serious consequences on any chance to visit Europe again.

Jayhamid

Indlæg af Jayhamid » 03.03.2017 11:20:40

Thx sir for your answer .. i said we are persecuted now prosecuted my brother who is a journalist was jailed for 2 years just because he critized the king of morocco in 2009 and if you just google his name u can find out that whole world press wrote about him and human rights associations too like amnesty and our whole family had and still have problems . Of course i have the right to ask for protection . As i read from migrationsverket website if am rejected i will not be able to enter sweden for 4. Years only but if i get married i can enter sweden and schengen again

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Indlæg af mh1 » 03.03.2017 11:27:17

That your brother is being persecuted and has been imprisoned does not constitute proof that you are yourself. The fact alone that you were able to acquire a visa and leave indicates that you are not, as the Moroccan authorities could have prevented you from leaving, in spite of you having a visa (visas give entry, not exit rights).

As for marrying solely in the hope of getting residence permit, that is called a sham marriage, and if it is found to be a such, you will have gained nothing but a spouse with whom you may not even want to live, and whom you will have to divorce if you do not want to be precluded from marrying someone else in the future.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

Jayhamid

Indlæg af Jayhamid » 03.03.2017 15:57:18

But as i told u sir there northern africans here who got asylum saying they are homosexuals without any proofs so a case like mine with proofs and something that has to do with the regime is stronger ..

skaanebo

Indlæg af skaanebo » 03.03.2017 16:06:09

You don't know the full story. Your so-called north African friends might not be telling you the true story behind their asylum, especially if you don't come off as friendly towards gay people. So they might simply have told you a white lie.

In any case, you don't need to ponder your mind on their case and their reasons for being granted asylum. You only need to think about your own situation.

And the best you can do is talk to a lawyer who can guide you. But as others have said: Just because your brother has been in prison, doesn't mean that your life will be considered in danger. If every family member of a Moroccan who has served time in prison were to seek asylum abroad, hardly anyone would be left behind in Morocco.

And even having to ask your questions on a forum like this serves as a hint that your life might not be that endangered as required to get asylum. Because if your life was truly in danger, you wouldn't think twice about seeking asylum the moment you arrived to Sweden. And you would probably have thought more about this issue before seeking a visa for Sweden and before arriving to Sweden. Thinking about it as a possibility only after having arrived to the land of butter and milk and endless richness seems to indicate that you were not fleeing Morocco as much as simply wishing you could remain in this faboulous country in northern Europe.

Jayhamid

Indlæg af Jayhamid » 03.03.2017 22:02:26

You completey wrong sir i consider morocco better than all european countries .. in morocco there is life and beautiful cities and nature .. to let u know moroccan economy is the most fast growing economy in africa and i swear my city in morocco is better than stockholm and i was in poland and greece and i swear morocci is better than them in all levels .. to let u know i have been in shengen area 5. Times with visa and never ever thought to stay in these shity cold countries where is there is no life .. morocco is a paradise compared to sweden and ask swedes themselves who have been there .. to let u know thousands of spaniards are working in morocco and 1. Million,2. Europeans are living there .. in this website u guys are trying to break down people and not hrlp them and coz of advice givers here are originally from middle east and as they hate moroccans we hate them too .. just to let u know morocco has taken civilization to europeans long time ago just go to andalus and see

Besvar