Why Permanent Residence is delaying and can we appeal?

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Besvar
shehzad

Why Permanent Residence is delaying and can we appeal?

Indlæg af shehzad » 18.08.2013 21:02:15

Hi,
Currently I am on green card visa and working full time since i got green card(2010). Before to green card status, I was student and finished master degree (2006-2010).
I applied for permanent residence in 02 July 2012 and at the end of jan 2013 imigration service sent me a letter to submit temporary application, Although woman who received my application returned temporary extension with argument, I don't need to submit application because i have enough visa. In july 2013 , I received letter that they are waiting for reply of green card visa status.Now a days i am calling to green card office and they said they are very late and currently handling applications those they received in aug 2012. SO it means that i need to wait 5 to 6 months more to get final decision because permanent residence office send my temporary extention in feb 2012. That's too late for me in july2012- maybe 2014..Here are my questions
Why Permanent residence office send to letter confirm visa? This simple confirmation took a year and permanent residence duration 7 month. Don't you think they need to improve process.. Current visa status confirmation should not take much time..
Is there any way we can protest on this process or complain to such authority who over come this delaying process? If some one is currently working and its understood he has visa..
I am very depressed now a days because I want to start my own company and can not start on green card! I am promising with my clients since Jan 2013...Please guide me what i do?

fundiver199

Re: Why Permanent Residence is delaying and can we appeal?

Indlæg af fundiver199 » 06.09.2013 14:07:11

The reason for the long processing time is, that the rules for permanent residenceship were made less restrictive in july 2012. This led to a boom in the number of applications from all those people, who had their previous applications turned down during the years, where almost no applications at all were approved. Or who did not even apply, because they knew, they did not fulfill the previous requirements.

The boom in the number of applications was not accompanied by a lot of extra funds to US, so they could hire a lot more people to process all the extra applications. And therefore it led to a big baglog of applications, that employes are still working their way through until now. The baglog is steadily decreasing, but it is not gone yet, and probably wont be until some time in 2014.

I don`t really think, there is to much to do about this, other than to just accept the situation and wait for your turn.

mah11

Re: Why Permanent Residence is delaying and can we appeal?

Indlæg af mah11 » 17.11.2013 21:25:47

@shehzad

Any updates on your case so far?

Besvar