Gratis hjælp fra jurister

Her finder du beskeder fra ÆUGs bestyrelse m.v.

Redaktører: ZB, AUG Board

Klindorff

Re: Gratis hjælp fra jurister

Indlæg af Klindorff » 29.08.2016 10:40:31

Min veninde vil gerne leje hele lejligheden alene. Men det er det jeg har hørt, der er ulovligt hvis ikke du opfylder kravene. Men du mener det ikke er ulovligt, at fremleje min lejebolig ud og flytte adresse til Sverige?

mh1
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet/Tyskland
Kontakt:

Indlæg af mh1 » 29.08.2016 21:47:47

Hvis der er mere end 13 lejligheder i bygningen/boligforeningen, har du ret til at fremleje ved midlertidigt ophold i udlandet. Det står i lejelovens paragraf 70.

Så nej, det er ikke ulovligt at fremleje, så længe du ikke gør det til et fodboldhold, for der må ikke være flere lejere, end der er beboelsesrum i lejligheden. Du skal dog sikre dig at din veninde overholder husorden, og ikke selv fremlejer så der bliver for mange beboere, for du hæfter for husleje og din lejers opførsel.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

Klindorff

Indlæg af Klindorff » 31.08.2016 15:19:06

Okay tusind tak, det er jeg rigtig glad for at høre! Skal jeg så lave en kontrakt via. Kab eller er det okay vi har vores egen? Og kan jeg nøjes med bare at oplyse dem om det uden kontakt. For vi har lavet en privat kontrakt.

mh1
Kontakt:

Indlæg af mh1 » 31.08.2016 19:47:02

For jeres begges skyld, så brug standardkontrakten, som du kan finde på nettet.

Særligt sagkyndige, som ved hvilke ricici der er forbundet med fremleje, har brugt tid på at lave standardkontrakter, som beskytter begge parter, så brug dem og ikke et eller andet hjemmestrikket.

Du kan finde den her, til fri og gratis brug: http://www.boligportal.dk/info/boligudl ... ekontrakt/
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

Klindorff

Indlæg af Klindorff » 01.09.2016 07:36:11

Okay. Jamen altså jeg stoler 100% sådan familie næsten. Men jeg tænker mere, når jeg flytter til Sverige og søger om familiesammenføring. Skal jeg så ikke bruge en kontrakt som bevis på at jeg har udlejet min lejlighed i Danmark?

wanderboy

Indlæg af wanderboy » 09.11.2016 15:50:06

I really hope someone can help me with this.

I'm an Australian citizen who holds a Type K residence card/opholdskort.
My residence permit is valid for 5 years, and at the end of this 5 years i have the opportunity to renew it, or i get permanent residency.

I recently applied for study programs at KEA university under the impression that tuition would be free because i apparently have equal standing with Danes with this permit. I even spoke to various people from SU, statsforvaltningen, Citizens service centre who all believe that i am entitled to free study and SU. Yet my application for studies came back telling me that if i was accepted into the course then i would have to pay tuition. I made a formal complaint/response arguing my case and providing the information i thought was relevant and i got another response from KEA's lawyers telling me that i did not have the right to free tuition. I have been given a week(November 14) deadline to make another complaint about the decision. I will attach the letter below for people to read.

From what i understand, free tuition is available to people who hold a "Temporary residence permit that can be upgraded to a permanent one ". So i am completely confused as to why i am unable to get free tuition. Does anyone know anything about this or have any official information about this or a similar experience?

This is the letter i recieved from KEA lawyer where they basically say that my residence is not a "time-limited residence permit with an option for permanent residency" but then later say that i will probably get permanent residency if i stay for 5 years. They contradict themselves completely. Anyway, please read and tell me what you think or if someone can help.

STATEMENT RE COMPLAINT ABOUT TUI- TION FEE
(My name) – is an Australian national, who has sent an application to 3 different educations at KEA. When processing the applications, KEA has made a decision, and informed (My name), that he will be required to pay tuition fee, if he is accepted at KEAs educations. He has complained over KEAs decision. Below is KEAs statement in the case.
KEA hereby submits the case to Styrelsen for Videregående Uddannelsers for Styrelsens decision in the matter.
MAIN POINTS OF THE CASE
He has applied to KEAs educations, and maintains that he is exempt from paying tuition fee based on his residence permit.
The residence permit is documented with a type K opholdskort and an accompanying residence letter. The residence letter states, that “You are entitled to residence for a limited period in accordance within the Rules of the EU (Order no. 474 of 12 May 2011, (EU- opholdsbekendtgørelsen))....” and “The residence document is issued for five years.... Your residence document is valid until 6 September 2021”.
The residence permit is issued on the basis of him being a family member of an EU-citizen.
KEA receives state funding (taksameterbetaling) for foreign students in accordance with lov nr. 1147 of 23 October 2014 om erhvervsakademiuddannelser og professionsbacheloruddannelser (LEP-loven), chapter 8.
The law states, that KEA can receive state funding for foreign students who has a time-unlimited residence permit, or has a time limited residence permit with an option for permanent residency, according to LEP-loven, § 35, section 1, no. 1.
KEA charges tuition fee for foreign students not covered by this clause (or any of the other instances mentioned in LEP-loven § 35, section 1 or 2), according to LEP-loven, § 35, section 3.
1/2
7. november 2016

It is KEAs understanding, that a type K opholdskort does not equal a time-unlimited residence permit or a time limited residence permit with an option for permanent residency. A type K opholdskort is a temporary residence permit for the first 5 years of residence in Denmark.
KEA is aware however, that a foreign national from outside EU, who has obtained a residence permit as a family member to an EU-citizen, will be awarded the right to permanent residency after 5 years uninterrupted legal residence in Denmark together with the family member according to EU-opholdsbekendtgørelsen, § 19, section 4.
STATEMENT
KEA find that (my name) does not – at this time – hold a permanent residence permit or a time-limited residence permit with a possibility for permanent residency. Although (my name) most likely – if he stays in Denmark for 5 years in connection with the family member – will obtain a permanent residence permit, KEA cannot take this possible outcome into account at this time.
The current residence permit is time-limited, which means, that KEA does not have a right to state funding (taksameter betaling) for (my name) studies. Ergo (my name) should pay tuition fee until a permanent residence permit or a time-limited residence permit with a possibility for permanent residency is acquired.
Kind regards
Københavns Erhvervsakademi
Peter Jakobsen Jurist
Direkte / 46 46 03 66 Mail / petj@kea.dk

mh1
Kontakt:

Indlæg af mh1 » 09.11.2016 20:26:42

They are wrong. Since you have an EU-residence card because you are a family member to an EU-citizen, you are exempt from paying tuition fees.

If your family member is working in DK, you probably even have the right to student grant (SU) and loans.

This is laid down in The Citizens Rights Directive 2004/38/EC, art. 24 (http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/ ... 8R%2801%29)

"Article 24
Equal treatment

1. Subject to such specific provisions as are expressly provided for in the Treaty and secondary law, all Union citizens residing on the basis of this Directive in the territory of the host Member State shall enjoy equal treatment with the nationals of that Member State within the scope of the Treaty. The benefit of this right shall be extended to family members who are not nationals of a Member State and who have the right of residence or permanent residence.
2. By way of derogation from paragraph 1, the host Member State shall not be obliged to confer entitlement to social assistance during the first three months of residence or, where appropriate, the longer period provided for in Article 14(4)(b), nor shall it be obliged, prior to acquisition of the right of permanent residence, to grant maintenance aid for studies, including vocational training, consisting in student grants or student loans to persons other than workers, self-employed persons, persons who retain such status and members of their families."

I copied this text from Aalborg university's homepage (in Danish)
http://www.aau.dk/uddannelser/optagelse ... dieafgift/

"De studerende, som er undtaget fra kravet om betaling af fuld deltagerbetaling (fuld studieafgift), er herefter fortrinsvis:

Danske statsborgere (herunder færinger og grønlændere)
EU- og EØS-statsborgere, hvorved forstås statborgere i et af
EU-medlemslandene: Belgien, Bulgarien, Cypern (kun det græsk-cypriotiske område), Danmark, Estland, Finland, Frankrig, Grækenland, Holland (Nederlandene), Irland, Italien, Kroatien, Letland, Litauen, Luxembourg, Malta, Polen, Portugal, Rumænien, Slovakiet, Slovenien, Spanien, Storbritannien, Sverige, Tjekkiet, Tyskland, Ungarn og Østrig.
de øvrige EØS-medlemslande: Lichtenstein, Schweiz Norge og Island.
:!: Et familiemedlem til en EU-borger, såfremt vedkommende har krav herpå efter EU's opholdsretsdirektiv. Betingelserne herfor er, at EU-borgeren har udnyttet sin ret til fri bevægelighed efter EU-retten til at tage ophold i Danmark, at familiemedlemmet har ledsaget eller sluttet sig til EU-borgeren i Danmark, og at familiemedlemmet på baggrund heraf har lovligt ophold i Danmark. :!:
Personer, der er meddelt tidsubegrænset opholdstilladelse eller tidsbegrænset opholdstilladelse med mulighed for varigt ophold i Danmark
Personer, der er omfattet af en udvekslingsaftale mellem Aalborg Universitet og et udenlandsk universitet (gæstestuderende)
Personer, der deltager i et Erasmus Mundus program
Personer, der er tildelt en friplads med stipendium til at gennemføre en kandidatuddannelse i henhold til friplads- og stipendiebekendtgørelsen.
Personer, der er meddelt opholdstilladelse i medfør af udlængelovens § 9c som medfølgende barn til en udlænding, der har opholdstilladelse på grundlag af beskæftigelse m.v., jf. udlændingelovens § 9a.
Personer, der er påbegyndt uddannelsen før 1. august 2006."
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

wanderboy

Indlæg af wanderboy » 10.11.2016 04:29:50

Dear mh

Thank you so very much for your quick response and the great info you've provided.
My partner is working full-time and i've been told by the SU office that i should receive SU if i was to be accepted into a program.

In part 2 of article 24 that you provided it says of the member state "nor shall it be obliged, prior to acquisition of the right of permanent residence, to grant maintenance aid for studies, including vocational training, consisting in student grants or student loans to persons other than workers, self-employed persons, persons who retain such status and members of their families."

From the way i interpret this, it means that until i receive permanent residence, i am not necessarily entitled to public funding like SU etc. Does this also mean that i am also not exempt from tuition fees until i gain permanent residence? Or is this only in regards to public payments/funding?

I need to put forward a case or another complaint to try and push my case, do you think forwarding on the information you've provided me would be sufficient enough to argue my case, and hopefully get the outcome i am after? I also feel like in the response that KEA sent(the one i posted in the original post) is very contradictory and there is no real reason provided for not allowing me free tuition.

Once again, thanks for your help and thanks in advance for any further response :)

mh1
Kontakt:

Indlæg af mh1 » 10.11.2016 15:16:46

Since your partner is working, you should be entitled to SU as of now.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

wanderboy

Indlæg af wanderboy » 10.11.2016 15:22:15

Thanks mh.

Yeah i think i should be entitled to it, but not until i am enrolled in and start studying.

Do you have any more you could add to the rest of my last post in regards to the tuition fee issues i'm having and making a case to send to KEA to prove i am entitled to free tuition?

mh1
Kontakt:

Indlæg af mh1 » 10.11.2016 16:01:42

I think you can copy the Danish text + link, I gave you to Aalborg University's page, and if you want supply with this from Aarhus University:
http://kandidat.au.dk/optagelse/studiegebyr/
"Generelt om studiegebyr
Hvem skal betale?

Statsborgere i EU-/EØS-lande og Schweiz skal ikke betale studiegebyr.

Alle studerende med statsborgerskab uden for EU/EØS/Schweiz er omfattet af reglerne for at betale studiegebyr, medmindre de:

studerer på en udvekslingsaftale
er meddelt en friplads efter Friplads- og stipendiebekendtgørelsen

er meddelt tidsubegrænset/permanent/varigt ophold i Danmark (inkl. Grønland og Færøerne)

er meddelt midlertidig opholdstilladelse "med henblik på" (mhp.) eller "med mulighed for" (mmf.) varigt ophold i Danmark (inkl. Grønland og Færøerne)

er meddelt tidsubegrænset/permanent/(mhp./mmf.) varigt ophold i et af de nordiske lande (Norge, Sverige, Finland og Island) og i hele studietiden har fast bopæl i det pågældende land, jf. Udenrigsministeriets bekendtgørelse nr. 54 af 17. juni 1999 mellem Danmark, Finland, Island, Norge og Sverige om adgang til videregående uddannelse, artikel 1. Ansøger skal dokumentere sin faste bopæl ved fx oplysning om skattepligt i det pågældende land.
er meddelt opholdstilladelse på baggrund af familiesammenføring
:!: har opnået EU-status efter EU-opholdsbekendtgørelsen. Ansøger skal dokumentere, at EU-ægtefællen har i arbejde i Danmark (fx ved lønsedler eller ansættelseskontrakt). :?: "

AND the guide to the Danish law implementing the Citizens Rights directive (Opholdsbekendtgørelsen): http://www.statsforvaltningen.dk/sfdocs ... kg%20).pdf

You need to highlight No: 4.2.1 and stress that your residence is given according to this rule, and that it means that you have equal status to an EU-citizen.
mh
Rådgiver for ÆUG

wanderboy

Indlæg af wanderboy » 10.11.2016 16:28:49

Once again, thank you soooo so much for taking the time to share this information with me. I couldn't have found this without you. I'll start working on putting a case together.

wanderboy

Indlæg af wanderboy » 22.11.2016 13:15:07

Dear mh(or anyone else who can help)
Would you mind taking a look at the progress of my appeal against KEA's decision to charge me tuition fees? I would Be forever greatful.

wanderboy

Indlæg af wanderboy » 22.11.2016 13:16:59

I appealed and sent this to KEA

Dear KEA/Danish Ministry of Science, Innovation and Higher Education,

Below is my appeal against KEA’s decision charge tuition fees from their statement provided in the previous email. I’ve attached a copy of KEA's statement at the bottom of this email, as well as all relevant documents.

In KEA’s statement, they say that “ The law states, that KEA can receive state funding for foreign students who has a time-unlimited residence permit, or has a time limited residence permit with an option for permanent residency, according to LEP-loven, § 35, section 1, no. 1. "

and then ”that a type K opholdskort does not equal a time-unlimited residence permit or a time limited residence permit with an option for permanent residency”

KEA then concludes “KEA find that KM(Kain Mellowship) does not – at this time – hold a permanent residence permit or a time-limited residence permit with a possibility for permanent residency.” and then “that KEA does not have a right to state funding (taksameter betaling) for KMs studies."

KEA then goes on to contradict what was said above by saying “The current residence permit is time-limited” and then “KM most likely – if he stays in Denmark for 5 years in connection with the family member – will obtain a permanent residence permit”

So within this decision, KEA admits that I hold a time-limited residence permit with the option for permanent residency which, according to § 35, section 1, no. 1, entitles me to free tuition.

Furthermore, according to EU law, i am entitled to equal treatment/equal status to a Danish citizen-
http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/re ... dex_en.htm
Equal treatment
"During their stay in your new country, your non-EU spouse, children and grandchildren should be treated as nationals, notably regarding access to employment, pay and benefits facilitating access to work and enrolment in schools.”

And again in Article 24 on Equal Treatment, section 1.-
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/ ... 8R%2801%29
"1. Subject to such specific provisions as are expressly provided for in the Treaty and secondary law, all Union citizens residing on the basis of this Directive in the territory of the host Member State shall enjoy equal treatment with the nationals of that Member State within the scope of the Treaty. The benefit of this right shall be extended to family members who are not nationals of a Member State and who have the right of residence or permanent residence.”

With this in mind, According to LEP-loven, § 35, section 4. “Foreign students in vocational education and professional education can only be included in the calculation in accordance with § 32 and § 36 if they-
4) under EU law, including the EEA Agreement, or international agreements entered into by Denmark, are entitled to equality with Danish nationals.”

From the examples provided above, I come under section 1 and section 4 of LEP-loven, § 35, which both entitle me to free tuition.

LEP-loven found here: https://www.retsinformation.dk/forms/r0 ... 65188#Kap8

I also point out that my marriage is recognised under Danish law, and my residence was given in accordance to 4.2.1 found here
http://www.statsforvaltningen.dk/sfdocs ... kg%20).pdf

I have again attached all relevant documents below.

From the information provided above, I believe I am entitled to the same benefits as a Danish citizen and exempt from paying application and tuition fees.

I look forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Kain Mellowship

wanderboy

Indlæg af wanderboy » 22.11.2016 13:19:17

KEA replied with this-

To Kain Mellowship

I have looked into an EU-case relevant to your case, more specifically a prejudicial ruling made by the EU-court in case C-46/12 – comment no. 45.

It seems, that it is of vital importance to this decision, whether you and your spouse work in Denmark.

Could you please clarify whether you and your spouse are working in Denmark, how much you are working (weekly hours), and when you started to work. Please include documentation in your response, in the form of pay-checks (lønsedler) covering the last 3 months along with any other documentation, that you may find relevant to these questions.

Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Besvar